We are recruiting for a Risk and Compliance Manager – Lending Services for a well-established regional bank in Sonoma County, CA. The right candidate for this position will be someone who combines a strong risk orientation with solid knowledge or retail and commercial lending regulations.
The Risk and Compliance Manager will report to the Risk Management Officer, and have responsibility for administration and management of the Bank’s risk program around retail and commercial lending. The position has two key area of focus. First, you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring the banks’ loan compliance structure to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines and regulatory issues. Second, you will be instrumental in maturing the Bank’s risk/compliance program by helping build on ongoing sustainable risk framework. An ideal candidate might be one who has helped a mid-size bank through the transition to a risk-oriented compliance framework.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- Live the Northern California dream at a somewhat more reasonable COL than the Bay Area proper, with quick access to the bounty of Sonoma and Napa counties.
- IMPACT! You will play a major role in transforming the Lending Compliance function
- Stability: The bank is owned in a trust and cannot be acquired by another bank
- Career path opportunities: Lots of opportunity to build your brand and grow within the organization
- Good work life balance, no travel, and congenial culture
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Relevant professional certification a plus: CRCM, CRMA, CFSA, CIA
- 5-10 years progressive experience in Audit, Compliance and/or Risk in financial services
- Deep knowledge of Lending Regulations (both Retail and Commercial): Reg B and Z, FCRA, TILA,RESPA, HMDA, SCRA, Flood Insurance, UDAP and UDAAP
- Experience helping another bank transition to a risk-based compliance framework would be a strong plus
- Understanding of Risk Management concepts and approach
- Experience with RCSAs a plus
- Experience developing and maturing processes for Lending Compliance a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including persuasive communication skills