We have been engaged to find the next VP of Internal Audit (CAE) for a successful SF Bay Area Life Sciences company located in Hercules, CA.
The VP of Internal Audit will have responsibility for the entire Audit and SOX programs. You will lead a team of internal and co-sourced resources. We are looking for someone who is able to drive change, build credibility with internal stakeholders, and take the Audit/SOX group to the next level.
What make makes his Opportunity Special:
- Very stable and profitable 60+ year-old company, with a clearly defined market niche that will fare well in good or uncertain economic times
- Opportunity to get in on ground floor to lead Audit Department transformation
- Global Company – with opportunity for moderate amounts of travel to very cool destinations in Europe and Asia
- Lots of low hanging fruit to make get some quick wins and make an impact
- Hercules location offers great commute from upper East Bay, North Bay or Marin, or reverse commutes from Oakland or SF.
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- CPA required
- 12+ years progressive experience in Audit, including significant tenure in leadership roles
- Current or recent VP of Internal Audit/SOX (CAE)
- MUST HAVE: significant experience in a global manufacturing company
- MUST HAVE: strong background in SOX, combined with risk-based IA experience
- A very strong preference for Big 4 experience (financial track) combined with industry
- Significant experience with FCPA a big plus
- Significant experience in global SAP (or other ERP environment) preferred
- Experience with audit department maturation and transformation preferred
- Positive attitude and collaborative style a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analytics, and driving data analytics programs a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%, including international travel
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.