We have been engaged to find an Associate Director – IT Audit for a strong and highly respected global biotech/pharma company. The company has a great story, with a number of high successful drugs already on the market, and a very promising pipeline. This company is working to make the world a better place by helping people in tangible ways. This position is in Foster City, CA.
The Associate Director – IT Audit, will work closely with, and be the right-hand person to the Senior Director, IT Audit. You will be involved with annual risk assessment, audit planning, and audit committee deck preparation, as wells a building relationship with key stakeholders throughout the organization. This is also a hands-on role, and you will lead or have involvement in a wide range of deep-dive technology audits and projects. There is a potential for a strong performer to move into the head of IT audit role within a few years.
This a very leading-edge audit function, making heaving use of data analytics and advanced techniques. You will have an opportunity to be involved with a project to utilize bots to automate all IT SOX testing within the next year. There is great variety and you will rarely, if ever, repeat the same audit twice.
While the bulk of the focus is on technology audits, this department believes in cross training and versatility, so an ideal candidate might have an Integrated background, comfortable with both Technology, Operational, or other types of Compliance audits (i.e. FCPA) audits. Data Analytics skills sets are also highly valued, as this Internal Audit department is doing leading edge work in this space: process waste, predictive analytics for fraud and cyber security, robotics, and visualization tools.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- This is a company that is working to save people’s lives every day
- This company is highly respected in the Biotech space, with major wins already in H1B, cancer and Hepatitis C, and more potentially game-changing drugs in the pipeline
- Financially stable: with $24B in annual revenue, strong margins, and $40B in cash to be able to pounce on promising strategic acquisitions
- Opportunity to be right hand person to Head of IT Audit, and potentially move into that role in the next few years
- Leading edge and interesting Internal Audit work:
- learn to apply audit skills to things you never thought were auditable
- Never doing the same audit twice
- leading edge use of analytics, robotics, and visualization tools
- Internal Audit is well-respected in the organization
- Good track record of Auditors moving out into the business
- Good work-place flexibility, and the ability to telecommute up to two days a week
- Commuter Buses from SF, East Bay and South Bay locations for stress-free commuting
- Minimal travel (likely 10-15% range), but some opportunity for small amounts of interesting international travel (examples: Ireland, U.K., Hong Kong, China)
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification (CISA, CISSPA, CISM, CRISC, CPA, CIA, or other relevant certification) preferred
- 10-15 years progressive experience in Technology Audit
- Strong preference for significant Big 4 (or similar) and/or Bio/Pharma experience, perhaps combined with some Internal IT Audit experience
- Significant experience with risk-based Internal Audit (not just SOX, financial audit, or compliance audits). Must be comfortable working in a non-checklist environment, and be comfortable auditing new areas
- Data Analytics and/or Robotic Process Automation (RPA) experience would be highly valued, as this department is activity employing DA into their audit work (Tableau, UiPath, Blue Prism, or other, a plus)
- Experience in a large multinational manufacturing corporation, highly valued (bio/pharm a plus)
- Heavy experience evaluating IT Controls in both on premise (i.e. Oracle) as well as Cloud-based/SAAS systems (Workday, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Live 365, etc), required
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) – and ability to adjust communication to audience