We have been engaged to find a Compliance Audit Senior Manager for one of America’s most successful Life Sciences companies. This position is to be based at their headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California.
This $22B company is financially stable, features an array of successful drugs on the market, and a diverse pipeline of new drugs in development. The company has achieved many accolades, including “Top 50 Employers in the U.S.” (Forbes) and “Top 5 Companies in America” (Career Bliss).
The Compliance Audit Senior Manager reports directly to the Head of U.S. Healthcare Compliance Audit, who reports to the Chief Compliance Officer. In this role you will conduct audits in support of the Healthcare Compliance Audit program to provide assurance of compliance with various federal and state regulations: FCPA, vendor audits, sample program audits, data privacy, etc. This role is highly collaborative and has high visibility with heavy interaction with related areas: Corporate Audit, Legal, Global Compliance, and Policy and Communication groups.
You will bring solid experience and understand of Audit process. These audits are not black and white, so you will have the ability to ambiguity, and have strong auditor judgement. Prior Audit/Compliance experience in Healthcare, Pharma/Biotech, and knowledge of applicable regulations in this space, would be highly valued. A demonstrated history of being able to quickly understand and interpret various statutes/regulations would also be valued.
What makes this Opportunity Special:
- Strong financially stable global biotech/pharma company
- Company has won many accolades, including:
- #6 in Forbes List of Most Admired Companies – Pharma/Biotech category
- Top 50 Best Employers in the United States (Forbes)
- Top Rated Healthcare Employers (Indeed)
- Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes)
- Earned a perfect score of 100% on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) (Human Rights Campaign)
- Top 5 Companies in America (Career Bliss)
- High Collaboration and Visibility with related departments
- Great Place for Career Development
- Ample in-house and external training to keep your skills current
- Amgen does a great job of helping their people move around the company
- Excellent vacation policy
- Good work/life balance and very low travel
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years progressive Audit experience in Big 4 and/or Industry
- CIA, CPA, CFE, and/or CCEP certifications highly valued
- Experience in Healthcare, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, or Life Sciences highly valued
- Experience in any of the following valued: U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); U.S. Federal Anti-Kickback Statute; Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers; Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America; Prescription Drug Marketing Act; Corporate Integrity Agreements; FDA rules and regulations governing scientific exchange, U.S. Federal and State transparency reporting requirements; U.K. Bribery Act
- Experience conducing data privacy audits in the EU and U.S. valued
- Experience using SAP and/or Teammate a plus.
- Solid project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team player