We have been engaged to recruit a Director-Internal Audit (Operational) for an industry giant in the wine and spirits industry, rated Glass Door’s Best Places to Work five years running.
In this newly created role, you will report directly to the VP of Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk. You will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Operational Audit/SOX plan, including leading a team of five. You will also be involved in the annual ERM risk assessment and audit planning (including budgeting), facilitation of Corporate Compliance Committee meetings, and will have the opportunity to present at Audit Committee/Board level. You will oversee the SOX program, but the largest emphasis of this role will be on complex risk-based Operational Audits. This person will also be looked to advance IA’s journey toward greater leverage of data analytics, efficiency tools, and continuous monitoring.
This company is located in Modesto, in the California Central Valley, and there are shuttle busses from Oakland and Livermore, so you have a choice of living the rural life, or, living in a more affordable part of the Bay Area and having a stress-free commute. They have adopted a hybrid-remote approach with a rough 3/2 model.
What makes this position special?
- The company is a giant in the wine & spirits industry, and continuing to grow
- Five Years on Glass Door’s Best Places to Work! Other accolades include Best Places for Diversity, LTGBQ, Veterans, and Top CEOs
- Strong-international brand, very profitable, and private – not beholden to the short-term interests of Wall Street investors
- Lead the Fin/Op Audit team – high visibility and ability for impact
- Family-oriented environment that offers excellent work/life balance and reasonable workplace flexibility
- This company believes in developing their people – with more than half of all roles filled internally!
- Strong benefits program – very employee-centric company
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters a plus
- CPA, strongly preferred
- 10+ years progressive experience in Internal Audit/SOX, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 3+ years at a Manager/Leadership level, including responsibility for driving all, or a significant portion of, an Audit and/or SOX plan
- Strong knowledge in both Risk-based Operational Audit and SOX – with emphasis on the Risk-based Operational Audit
- Experience in manufacturing or other supply-chain oriented field, a plus
- A solid foundation in auditing concepts and technical skills, including applying advanced mathematical sampling techniques and/or data analytics approach
- Combines strong people management skills with ability to role up sleeves when needed
- Knowledge/experience with data analytics, continuous monitoring, and other leading-edge tools/practices, valued
- Ability to carry on intelligent risk-based conversations with executive tier
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Great attitude and enthusiasm and team player
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (at this time we do not have the ability to consider candidates needing a visa or visa-transfer)