We have been engaged to identify a Business Risk Officer III (aka Financial Risk and Controls/SOX Manager) for a specialty bank that is the financial engine of Silicon Valley and innovation around the world. Ranked #9 on Forbes’ “Best Banks in America,” and one of the fasted growing companies in America with Asset size having doubled from $56B to $115B in two years! This is the bank of choice for roughly 50% of venture-capital-based companies (and VC Firms) in the United States – and roughly half of innovation-based IPOs over the past two years. They have a global presence and are actively expanding to innovations centers around the world. This position person will work predominantly REMOTE, but needs to be located in/near the Charlotte (NC) Metro Area for periodic onsite meetings.
The Business Risk Officer III is a First Line of Defense SOX/ICFR readiness role. This is a high visibility role with focus on the broader Finance organization (Accounting, Treasury, Procurement, FP&A, etc.). You will work closely with the business to own and managed specific SOX cycles, including design, implementation, documentation, and self-testing. You will build strong relationships with the business stakeholders and keep abreast of key changes that may impact IFCR. You will also liaise with areas like ERM, Transformations Office, SLoD SOX, and Internal and External Audit.
The right candidate for this role will combine a very strong background in SOX/ICFR, with a passion for helping internal stakeholders. You will be a self-starter and able to work independently – someone who anticipates issues/challenges and proactively works to identify solutions. You will be agile and flexible, and able to function well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are highly collaborative and enjoys working with different stakeholders.
Now is your change to be part of the technology revolution and innovation space without having to live in the heart of Silicon Valley!
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- This bank drives innovation in Silicon Valley and around the world
- Ranked #9 on Forbes’ “Best Banks in America”
- One of the fasted growing companies in U.S. – doubling asset size in two years!
- Outstanding tone at the top and support from Senior Management
- Growing Internationally – this bank is poised to be an innovation engine for the world
- Culture – very entrepreneurial – this feels more like a tech company than a bank
- Opportunity to play a key role in maturing the risk posture of this growing organization
- High visibility role with great potential to make an impact and build your brand
- Great Work/Life balance AND FLEXIBLE vacation policy
- This position is PREDOMINENTLY FULLY REMOTE (BUT must be located in/near enough to the Charlotte metro area to for periodic onsite meetings.
What would make you a great fit:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA or equivalent, a plus
- CPA, CA, or CIA certification is preferred
- 5+ years progressive experience in Audit/SOX
- Strong grounding in common SOX/ICFR processes
- Scoping new processes
- End-to-end walkthroughs
- Evaluating and testing controls (both design and effectiveness)
- Issues Remediation
- Exposure to ITAC, ITCS and IPEs, a plus
- Strong grounding in key Finance Areas (Accounting, Treasury, Procurement, FP&A), highly preferred
- Experience in Financial Services, a plus
- Experience with Workiva, a plus
- Self-starter, able to work independently, proactive, and take ownership of specific SOX cycles
- Excellent organizational skills; able to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Able to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, and highly collaborative
- Comfortable working independently in a remote or hybrid-remote setting
- Occasional need to flex ours to accommodate calls with India and U.S. Pacific Time.
- Some (low to moderate) travel may be required post-Covid
Apply For This Position
To inquire about the above Job Opening, please complete the form below