We have been engaged to identify an Internal Audit Director – Quality Assurance Improvement Program (Risk Management) for a major Brokerage and Wealth Management company, and one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies. This position can be located in Dallas (Westlake), or Denver (Lone Tree), Chicago, Phoenix, or Austin.
The Professional Practices group is building out a new modern Internal Audit Quality Assurance/Improvement program. The QAIP DIRECTOR (RISK) will work very closely with Audit teams auditing 2nd line Risk Management functions. In addition to providing real time feedback/guidance, you will also analyzing practices to identify root cause and opportunities to improve methodology and performance; and to coach (or develop training) for these groups.
The ideal candidate who be one who combines a solid knowledge of Internal Audit methodology approach (and experience coaching/mentoring/supervising), with deep experience auditing (or working in) 2nd line risk functions: ERM, ORM, risk appetite, risk governance framework, etc.
This is a great point of entry into the organization for someone who wants to make a career pivot away from day-to-day audit execution in Practices, or to spend a year or two in this role before moving back out into Audit or elsewhere in the organization. The career path options are plentiful.
This is a very unique opportunity to be part of building, developing, and maturing an Internal Audit function in a large stable company, as the organization has recently moved to take audit back in-house after many years of co-sourcing. The opportunity to make a positive impact is immense!
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Major brand and industry leader!
- Top 50 Admired Companies in the World (Forbes)
- #1 for innovation, use of corporate assets, and social responsibility in it’s industry segment (JD Power)
- Highest Investor Satisfaction for Full Service Brokerage Firm (JD Power)
- Excellent Growth – Net Q1 income up 39% YoY
- Rare opportunity to be part of building and maturing an Audit department in a large and successful company
- This role has potential for major positive impact for IA, and across the enterprise
- High energy and collaborative corporate culture
- Company offers strong benefits package and perks: Free Financial Planning Advice; Sabbaticals, Paid Parental Leave; time off to volunteer, wellness programs, onsite fitness classes, healthy food choices+++
What would make you a great fit:
- 10+ years progressive experience in Internal Audit and/or Regulatory examiner
- Significant experience Auditing or working directly in 2nd Line Risk Management functions for a large complex financial services organization, required, including:
- The scope of the risk governance framework would include coverage over the following risk categories: credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, price risk, operational risk, compliance risk, strategic risk, and reputation risk.
- Strong knowledge of Internal Audit practices and methodology, including IIA standards, including: IIA Internal Professional Practices Framework, Federal Reserve SR 13-1, SR 03-5, SR 95-51
- Prior Experience in Big 4 or public accounting valued
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to analyze and identify trends and root causes
- Very strong risk/auditor skills – critical to evaluate remediation of issues and MRAs
- Significant experience reviewing/providing feedback on audit work performed by others, highly valued.
- Interpersonal skills:
- teaching demeanor/experience highly valued
- Communication finesse – ability to critique in a positive tone
- Experience in highly-regulated financial services environment – highly preferred
- Agility: ability to deal with a changing environment