We have been engaged to identify an Internal Audit Director, Strategy & Innovation for one of America’s most respected financial services companies. This organization has received many accolades, including Top Private Bank in the U.S., and has been growing 20% year-over-year and having growing 6-fold over the past decade. This position can be based (hybrid-remote) in San Francisco, New York City, or Los Angeles (Century City).
As IA Director, Strategy and Innovation, you report to the VP of Professional Practice and also work very closely with EVP/CAE of Internal Audit. You will be tasked with creating an Innovation Agenda for the “Audit Department of the Future” and “Auditor of the Future.” You will liaise with leaders of other large (100+) Internal Audit department across the industry, as well as the regulators, to build a library of leading-edge practices. You will combine these with your own observations to create and articulate a prioritized vision and framework (Innovation Agenda), with smaller trackable strategic objectives. You will use your strong project management skills to help drive implementation of these projects/practices. In short, you are the person who has ability to take a step back, when others are focused on daily execution, to continue to drive evolution and excellence!
An ideal candidate would be someone who has significant experience in a very large Internal Audit function (ideally in financial services). You will have a demonstrated history of strategic thought leadership and execution, particularly with regard to building/evolving Internal Audit practices. You are able to work well with various stakeholders and you have finesse around communication. You have outstanding organizational and project management skills to drive execution of the strategic goals. Prior experience in Internal Audit Professional Practices, as well as a good foundation in data analytics capability and automation would be highly valued for this role.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Outstanding Growth – this organization is growing 20% year-over-year and grown 6X in size over the past 10 years.
- Highly Respected Brand – this is one of the most highly respected organizations in the SF Bay Area, and in financial services. The bank has been recognized as best in class by several publications.
- This is a key strategic role that works hand in hand with the Internal Audit leaders and the EVP/CAE; you will be a key driver to take a very good Internal Audit function to an exceptional Internal Audit function
- This company lives its values – with heavy focus on what is best for the client, and what is best for our employees
- High profile role – excellent visibility within organization
- High integrity organization and culture and Excellent Tone at the Top
- Good work/life balance and No travel!
- Flexible hybrid-remote from SF, NYC, or Los Angeles (Century City)
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, CFSA, PMP or other relevant certifications highly valued
- 10+ years progressive experience in Internal Audit (or combined with IA Audit and Risk), having attained leadership level roles; or Big 4 with deep Internal Audit co-sourcing relationship with large financial institution client(s)
- 3+ years’ in a leadership role in Internal Audit/Risk, with responsibility for strategic direction and execution
- Heavy background in financial services/banking (and/or healthcare), in a very large Internal Audit department (ideally 100+), highly desired
- Prior experience in Big 4 valued
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics and Automation concepts and enabling technologies (e.g. SQL Server, PowerBI, Python, Tableau), and their role in driving a leading-edge Internal Audit function
- Strong knowledge of TeamMate+ and understanding of it’s functionality, highly valued
- Stays abreast of Internal Audit best practices
- Experience working collaboratively as part of an Internal Audit leadership team, highly valued
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
PLEASE NOTE: This position is NOT fully remote post-Covid. Please do not apply unless you are located in, or able to relocate to San Francisco, New York City, or Los Angeles (Century City).