We are recruiting for an IT Audit Principal (SDLC/Projects focus) for a top-rated financial services company based in San Francisco, CA – one of the Bay Area’s most respected companies.
The Internal Audit Principal – IT Projects role is a manager grade level role (without direct reports). In this role you will be working directly with project teams to assess various corporate projects and implementations, evaluating all relevant risk factors and to ensure proper controls are built into system/processes. You will conduct pre-, during- and post-implementation assessments. You will also have an opportunity help refine the methodology, tools, and templates. The organization is undergoing a huge multi-year migration of core technologies/processes to Cloud and to enhance their digital services, and this role will have a high profile and potential for impact.
The ideal candidate will combine a solid IT Audit background with a focus on SDLC/Projects auditing (and or prior hands-on development experience). You will excel at building positive relationships and have a consultative advisory approach. Experience with Agile, Dev/Ops and/or full stack engineering methodologies, as wells AWS, Azure, and other Cloud environments is helpful.
What makes this position special?
- Very strong growth trajectory! Company has quintupled in size in the past ten years!
- Outstanding reputation – organization has been recognized as best in class by several publications
- High profile – you will be involved with high visibility projects key to the company’s future success
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Department has a great history of promoting from within, as well as moving people out into into IT/Risk/Business!
- High integrity organization and culture
- Great SF location
- No travel!
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-15 years’ experience IT Audit experience (or combination of IT Audit and Systems Development)
- CISA, CRICS, CIA, PMP, CISSP or other certification a plus
- Must have solid grasp of IT Audit concepts, with several years of leading complex Audits end-to-end
- Significant experience with SDLC/Project Auditing, including pre-implementation, during, and post-implementation assessments)
- Experience with Agile, DevOps and or full stack methodologies, highly valued
- Experience in Cloud technologies/methodologies: AWS, Azure, Salesforce, CIDC, a plus
- Outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-motivated and able to work well without heavy supervision
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent team player, and collaborative personality