We have been engaged to identify an INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER – Corporate Model Risk for a major Brokerage and Wealth Management company, and one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies. This position can be located in Dallas (Westlake), Denver (Lone Tree), or San Francisco.
As an Internal Audit Manager – Corporate Model Risk you be responsible for overseeing the portfolio of models within Charles Schwab. You will manage the audit schedule for 200+ models: CCAR/DFAST, liquidity/capital stress testing; market risk/interest rate risk; model risk, loss estimations; Advanced Approaches (Basel), etc. You will coordinate work with the Quant, and review Model Reports and model validations. You will build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across business lines and interface with regulators.
The position requires strong interpersonal-skills, project management, and statistical/data analytics skills. Experience in CCAR is a plus. Familiarity with MRM concepts such as model development, governance, documentation, validation and use, loss forecasting, and other model business purposes- is preferred.
This is a very unique opportunity to be part of building, developing, and maturing an Internal Audit function in a large stable company, as the organization has recently moved to take audit back in-house after many years of co-sourcing. The opportunity to make a positive impact is immense!
WHAT MAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY SPECIAL:
- Major brand and industry leader!
- Top 50 Admired Companies in the World (Forbes)
- #1 for innovation, use of corporate assets, and social responsibility in it’s industry segment (JD Power)
- Highest Investor Satisfaction for Full Service Brokerage Firm (JD Power)
- Excellent Growth – Net Q1 income up 39% YoY
- Rare opportunity to be part of building and maturing an Audit department in a large and successful company
- This is a great opportunity to leverage your experience in another large financial services institution to help build out the audit/methodology and approach to these critical areas
- High visibility – Interact with key stakeholders in 1st and 2nd LOD – there is also tremendous growth going on in 2nd Line; which could be an potential career path
- High energy and collaborative corporate culture
- Company offers strong benefits package and perks: Free Financial Planning Advice; Sabbaticals, Paid Parental Leave; time off to volunteer, wellness programs, onsite fitness classes, healthy food choices+++
What would make you a great fit:
- 5-8 years years progressive Internal Audit (and/or related Risk Management) experience with increasing responsibility
- Strong knowledge/history of executing audits over risk management functions in highly regulated environments
- Strong background in quantitative analysis, statistics, data analytics, and linkage to systems and applications.
- Familiar with model risk management concepts: model development, governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use, loss forecasting, and other model business purposes (compliance, credit, etc.)
- Experience testing in areas like: CCAR/DFAST, liquidity/capital stress testing; market risk/interest rate risk; model risk, loss estimations; Advanced Approaches (Basel) – should have experience that goes beyond just CCAR testing,
- Modeling experience using SAS or R a plus, but not required
- Agility, and ability to be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter: does not need a great deal of hand holding