We have been engaged to find the next great Internal Audit Manager for one of America’s most successful Life Sciences companies. This position is to be based at their state-of-the-art Capability (Operations) Center in Tampa, FL.
This $22B company is financially stable, features an array of successful drugs on the market, and a diverse pipeline of new drugs in development. The company has achieved many accolades, including “Top 50 Employers in the U.S.” (Forbes) and “Top 5 Companies in America” (Career Bliss). The Internal Audit group is mature and well-respected in the organization.
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible planning/leading a wide range of financial, operational, and integrated Audits. You will also be the key liaison with the business for the Tampa location. You will get exposure to, and the ability to build your brand with, many different parts of the business.
You will have 5-9 years Audit experience. An ideal candidate may have started in financial audit in Big 4, and then morphed into Internal (operational) Audit work in industry (or Internal Audit co-sourcing). You will bring a positive mindset, agility, problem solving skills, the ability to work independently, and a collaborative personality.
Make makes his Opportunity Special:
- Strong financially stable global biotech/pharma company
- Company has won many accolades, including:
- #6 in Forbes List of Most Admired Companies – Pharma/Biotech category
- Top 50 Best Employers in the United States (Forbes)
- Top Rated Healthcare Employers (Indeed)
- Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes)
- Earned a perfect score of 100% on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) (Human Rights Campaign)
- Top 5 Companies in America (Career Bliss)
- Great Place for Career Development
- Ample in-house an external training to keep your skills current
- Forward thinking CAE will promote your career development – many opportunities to rotate out of Audit into the business
- Minimal SOX – most of the mundane work is co-sourced to Big 4
- Excellent vacation policy
- Good work/life balance and very low travel
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA (and/or CIA) highly valued
- 5-9 years audit experience, ideally combining Big 4/public and Industry
- Must have experience leading risk-based Operational Audits (not just SOX or other compliance audit work)
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Strong business acumen
- Some light experience with IT Audit/ITGCs would be valued
- Excellent Communication skills (both oral and written) and Relationship Building skills
- Team player