We are recruiting for a experienced Internal Audit Manager to join a great Internal Audit team for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position can be based in Dublin, CA, (North) Austin, or Reno, NV, or FULLY REMOTE!
This company offers a suite of HR, payroll, benefits, and compliance-related services to small to medium-sized businesses enabling these companies to easily grow and scale their business by focusing on their core competencies. This is a 30-year-old company that is experiencing significant growth: $840m to $4+B in revenue over the past seven years.
In this role you be own a significant slice Internal Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting plan. There is a great variety of work encompassing SOX, risk-based Operational audit, and Internal Audit advisory and other special projects. 25% of Audit’s budget is dedicated to internal advisory and consulting work. You will bring solid managerial experience and be able oversee multiple audits/SOX cycles/projects concurrently, and you will excel in managing and developing junior staff.
You will work on a close-knit and cohesive team, with strong leadership. Internal Audit has developed a great brand within the organization, with an outstanding track record of moving their people up within and/or out of Internal Audit. We’ve place many people in this department and have heard great reviews!
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- 30-year-old established business/brand that feels more like a startup
- Strong player in and increasingly important market niche – enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Good mix of SOX, risk-based Operational Audit, and advisory/consulting work
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Great work/life balance; moderate travel, and very good workplace flexibility (even post-Covid)
- Great locations (SF Bay Area; Austin, Reno) or FULLY REMOTE!
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 9-15 years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Prior Internal Audit experience (or IA co-source experience in Public), highly preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Expert knowledge of Auditing concepts, methodology, and process, and the ability to teach and mentor others
- 2+ years as Internal Audit Manager, with significant supervisory/leadership experience, and the ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects – excellent organizational and time management skills
- Very solid grounding in IIA Standards, COSO, ICFR/SOX, and risk assessment practices
- Experience with both SOX and risk-based Operational Audits highly preferred
- Experience with Internal Audit advisory consulting, a plus
- Must have consultative approach, good influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- Data analytics background is valued
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred (including ability to work under pressure)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Experience with SSAE18 (SOC1/SOC2), a plus
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Salesforce platforms, and/or Oracle Fusion Cloud, a plus