We are recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager for a very highly regarded boutique financial services organization in Los Angeles. This niche bank has long been known as “the bank to the stars,” and has a strong focus on the entertainment and music industries.
In this role, you will lead major complex audits across 2nd line compliance functions and key operational banking services units. The right candidate will have a strong orientation in risk and risk-based auditing, be comfortable leading complex audits and interacting confidently with executive leadership. The bank also uses an Integrated Audit approach, so candidates with experience in both Operational and IT Audit would be highly valued.
The bank is growing rapidly – approaching $50B in Assets – and are looking to double in size over the next five years. At the same time, the bank is backed by a $1 trillion parent, and you will get exposure to cutting edge techniques like Agile Auditing. This will result in great deal of opportunity to add value, and for excellent career path opportunities.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Dramatic Growth: the company is growing at a 20% per year clip, and aims to double in size in the next five years – that means outstanding career growth opportunities
- Excellent breadth – grow your skills by participating in a wide variety of Operational, Compliance, and even Technology-related reviews
- Great exposure to executive leadership throughout the enterprise
- Exposure to cutting edge Audit Techniques and tools (Agile Auditing)
- Enjoy a culture that is much more collaborative and less confrontational than the large banks
- Enjoy the beautiful Southern California weather and lifestyle – no more winters!
- Culture values high ethics and integrity
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CIA, CFSA, CISA (or other relevant certifications) highly preferred
- 5-10 years progressive experience in Big 4/Public and/or Internal Audit
- Banking or Financial services experience valued, but not a requirement
- Must have a strong grasp of Risk Concepts and be able to lead large complex risk-based Internal Audits
- Solid grasp Auditing concepts, standards (COSO), and methodology
- Integrated (Operational and IT) experience highly valued
- Executive presence and communication skills – ability to communicate confidently with executive tier
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans