We are excited to be recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager (Products and Acquisitions) for a leading genetics technology company with a simple mission: to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. This San Francisco-based company has made game-changing progress in the field of genetic testing, both in terms of utilization and accessibility. The company has been growing a dramatic clip, with 30% revenue growth YOY. This position can be based in: Boulder, CO or San Francisco, CA.
This company is in major acquisition mode, averaging 4-5 new acquisitions each year, and well as developing new product lines. The Internal Audit Manager (Products & Acquisitions) reports to the head of Internal Audit. In this role you will have a heavy advisory focus in helping build governance maturity. There will be little to no actual auditing in the first year or two. Instead, think of this as a business process and compliance readiness role. You will be focusing on these newly acquired entities (and or product lines) to work closely with the business to understand key business processes, to understand risks, and to develop readiness for SOX, HITECH, FDA, and other compliance frameworks.
An ideal candidate would be one who combines an excellent grasp of key business processes (Supply Chain, Quote-to-Cash, Revenue and Period Close, etc.) with and equally strong understanding if Risk and Internal Controls. You will have evolved beyond the check-list to be able to sort out complex environments, to effectively discern levels of risk, and to be able to communicate those ideas effectively to the business. You will have excellent organizational skills, and to be able to prioritize. You are the type of person who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and you are able to deal with ambiguity. You are a self-starter, who looks at challenges as an opportunity for solutions, and you care more about team goals than personal glory.
What makes this opportunity special:
- A company with a clear mission to improve heath outcomes for billions of people
- Astounding growth: 30% growth in revenue YOY
- High visibility and impact: You will have an opportunity to build relationships throughout the organization and to function on critical processes to enable successful growth of the company
- Unique bottom-up team-oriented culture
- Excellent parental leave, flexible vacation and working hours, commuter benefits, and more
- Hybrid-remote work environment post-Covid
What would make you a great fit:
- 5+ years progressive experience in Internal Audit, SOX Readiness; or other Risk/Controls related positions
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant certification is preferred
- Solid understanding of business processes – Supply Chain, Quote to Cash, Revenue and Period Close, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with key risk/compliance standards/frameworks: SOX, HIPPA, HITRUST, FDA
- Experience with SOX (or other Internal Controls framework) Readiness, highly preferred
- Experience with Oracle Cloud environment, a plus
- Experience working effectively with business partners to understand and redesign process, and effective controls
- Must be self-starter, able to work without heavy supervision
- Ability to work in flexible and non-traditional culture and environment; must be strong team-player and collaborator
- Big 4 experience and/or experience working with external auditors, a plus
- Ability to see the big picture, and to discern risk from distraction
- Ability to manage co-sourced resources and eventually direct reports
- Inquisitive thinker, able to connect information, to challenge the status quo, and to find innovative solutions
- Collaborative personality, good at building consensus
PLEASE NOTE: this IS NOT a fully remote position post-Covid. Please do not apply if you are not able to commute (or open to relocate) to Boulder, CO or San Francisco.