We are recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager to join a great Internal Audit team for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position can be based in Dublin, CA, (North) Austin, or Reno, NV.
This company enables small to medium size businesses easily grow and scale their business by offering a suite of HR, payroll, and compliance related services. This is a 30-year-old company that is feels more like a startup. They are experiencing significant growth: $840m to $4B in annual revenue over the past seven years.
In this role you be own a slice of the Internal Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting plan. There is a great variety of work, with only ¼ (or less) of the time is spent on SOX. 25% of Audit’s budget is dedicated to internal advisory and consulting. Audit is getting involved in many non-typical and interesting projects. In addition, you will work on a close-knit team, with strong leadership, and excellent mentors. You will be able oversee multiple audits/projects concurrently and excel in managing and developing junior staff.
You will work on a great and cohesive team, with strong leadership. Internal Audit has developed a great brand within the organization, with an outstanding track record of moving their people up within and/or out of Internal Audit.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand that feels more like a startup
- Strong player in and increasingly important market niche, enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Great mix of risk-based Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting work (25% or less of time spent on SOX)
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance; moderate travel, and very good workplace flexibility (even post-Covid)
- Great locations (BART accessible Dublin location in SF Bay Area, North Austin, or Reno)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 8-12 years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Prior Internal Audit experience (or IA co-source experience in Public), highly preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Expert knowledge of Auditing concepts, methodology, and process, and the ability to teach and mentor others
- 2+ years as Internal Audit Manager, with significant supervisory experience, and the ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects – excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid grounding in IIA Standards, COSO, ICFR/SOX, and risk assessment practices
- Experience with both risk-based Operational Audits and SOX highly preferred
- Experience with Internal Audit advisory consulting, a plus
- Integrated background (conversant in IT Audit) is valued
- Must have consultative approach, good influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- Data analytics background is valued
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred (including ability to work under pressure)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Experience with SSAE18 (SOC1/SOC2), a plus
- Experience with Peoplesoft and/or Salesforce platforms, a plus
PLEASE NOTE: while this position is currently Work From Home due to Covid, this IS NOT a fully remote position long-term. Please do not apply unless you are located in (or interested/able to relocate to) the San Francisco Bay Area, Austin, or Reno.