We are recruiting for a Data Analytics Lead for the Internal Audit function of one the Bay Area’s top companies. The Internal Audit Senior Data Analyst will place a key role in continuing to mature e use of data analytics for the Internal Audit group. This will include the use of data analytics in audit planning, fieldwork, reporting, validation of Key Risk Indicators, and monitoring new and emerging risks. This role has great visibility, as you will work closely with the IT Groups, Enterprise Data and Clients Insight group, and other lines of business. This position is based in San Francisco.
Prior Internal Audit experience is not a requirement for this role, as they will be more focused on your data analytics technical skills in platforms like SQL, Python, Tableau, and machine learning modules (Natural Language Processing, Clustering, and Random Forest).
This is for one of the most highly regarded companies in the Bay Area, and one of the most respected financial services companies in America.
What makes it special:
- Very hot growth company! Company has quadrupled in size in eight years!
- Outstanding reputation – organization has been recognized as Best in Class by several publications
- Highly collaborative team environment; and high integrity organization and culture
- This is a high impact role – tremendous opportunity to add value and build your brand in the organization.
- Department has a great history of promoting from within!
- Great SF location
- No travel!
What would make you a great fit:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated data management experience
- BA/BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related field
- Professional certification: SQL, CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, or relevant data science certs
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, with a demonstrated ability to write/troubleshoot SQL queries, and ability to extract data from systems of record, data warehouses, and data marts
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Qlik View
- Exposure to statistical methods and analysis tools
- Experience with SAS, R, or Python a plus
- Experience with machine learning models (Natural Language Processing, Clustering, and Random Forest)
- Internal Audit, Risk Management, or Compliance experience a plus, but not required
- Big 4 or financial services experience a plus
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Good multitasker