We have been engaged to recruit an Internal Audit Senior Manager (America’s Region) for a successful global manufacturing company based in Davidson, North Carolina.
This opportunity represents the best of both worlds. You will join a 100+ year-old brand that has just gone through a merger of equals to double in size. This has resulted in a newly created Internal Audit function to serve the expanded enterprise, and you will come in on the ground floor of building a World Class Internal Audit team.
As Internal Audit Senior Manager (Americas), you will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive and be responsible for leading the America’s Audit silo. You will lead the team overseeing execution of the SOX and Internal Audit plan for this region, and you will also be involved with annual risk assessment and audit plan creation. You will have an opportunity to have a large impact in direction and strategy of Internal Audit, including areas like data analytics, Internal Audit process optimization, controls harmonization and enhancement across the enterprise, and many special projects. The role will offer great visibility and opportunity to make meaningful contributions. This role is great for someone who is either a career Internal Auditor or someone who wants to spend a couple of years in IA and then move out into the business.
This company has long been an employer of choice for the greater Charlotte/Davidson area. The company has as strong commitment to Environment, Social and Governance programs. You will work in a collaborative environment with IA already building a strong brand and relationships in the company. The role offers good work-life balance, and moderate travel. When working in the office, you will be on a beautiful campus on a lake, with walking trails and exercise equipment.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 100+ year successful global brand that has gone through a merger of equals to double in size
- Company has plans to double in size in the next five years
- Opportunity to play a major role in developing and maturing the Internal Audit function operations and strategy
- Opportunity to have impact on large enterprise-wide projects
- Company has a strong commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance)
- Great work/life balance; moderate travel
- Beautiful campus on lake
- Davidson rated 87/100 (Exceptional) for livability (Area Vibes)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6+ years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, COSO/SOX, and Internal Audit Standards
- Experience with both risk-based Operational Audits and SOX highly preferred
- Manufacturing, Distribution, or other supply-chain-oriented business experience, highly preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Expert knowledge of Auditing concepts, methodology, and process, and the ability to teach and mentor others
- 1+ years as Internal Audit Manager, with significant supervisory/leadership experience, and the ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects – excellent organizational and time management skills
- Data analytics background (Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, etc) is highly valued
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and high ethics and integrity
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, HFM consolidation software valued
PLEASE NOTE: while this position is currently Work From Home due to Covid, this IS NOT a fully remote position long-term. Please do not apply unless you are located in (or interested/able to relocate to) Davidson/Charlotte, NC area.