We have been engaged to identify an Internal Audit Senior Manager-Technology for one of America’s most respected financial services companies. This position has become available due to internal promotion. This organization has received many accolades, including Top Private Bank in the U.S., and has been growing 20% year-over-year. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
The Internal Audit Senior Manager-Technology will report to the VP (Head of) Technology Audit. In this role, you will oversee a portion of the day-to-day execution of the technology audit program. You will help the department maintain high standards, as well as assisting in the movement to more leading-edge approaches. You will assist with annual risk assessment and audit plan preparation, as well as to maintain relationships with key audit stakeholders, and you will manage and develop IT Audit team members. You will also have an opportunity to help IA develop more of an Integrated Audit approach.
An ideal candidate would be someone with a strong IT Audit background and progression, ideally with significant experience in financial services or healthcare. You will have a very strong grounding in Audit Methodology and Process, and you will enjoy teaching and mentoring others in these areas. You will have a strong grounding in risk-based audit (not just SOX/compliance) with experience of helping junior staff and recent Big 4 hires transition to this approach. You will have experience with, and embrace new techniques (data analytics, RBA, etc.). It would be great if you had a strong background in Integrated Auditing (blending Technology and Operational Audits) and can help forward the department’s progress in that area. A strong grounding in Cloud technologies would also be valued. Finally, the role requires someone with very strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Outstanding Growth – this organization is growing 20% year-over-year and has quintupled in size over the past 10 years. And they are still growing while other companies are in retreat.
- Highly Respected Brand – this is one of the most highly respected organizations in the SF Bay Area, or in financial services. The bank has been recognized as best in class by several publications.
- This is a key role on the Technology Audit team – overseeing and driving a lot of the day-to-day execution, as well as staff development and mentoring
- This company lives its values – with heavy focus on what is best for the client, and what is best for our employees
- High profile role – excellent visibility within organization
- High integrity organization and culture and Excellent Tone at the Top
- Great SF location – easily accessible by BART, MUNI, or CALTRANS (post-SIP/WFH)
- Good work/life balance and No travel!
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, or other relevant certifications highly valued
- 10+ years progressive experience in Technology Audit experience (or combined with relevant infosec or IT risk expeirece)
- 5+ years’ in Internal Audit Leadership role, with responsibility for leading a portfolio of audits, maintaining department standards and methodologies, and managing and mentoring staff
- Strong people management skills, including managing, mentoring, and developing staff. Bonus for being able to develop recent Big 4 hires in risk-based audit approach and methodology
- Heavy background in financial services/banking (and/or healthcare) highly desired
- Prior experience in Big 4 valued
- Deep technical skills (combined with strong interpersonal skills), highly valued
- Strong background in Cloud technologies, highly desired
- Experience with Integrated Auditing and/or Project/SDLC auditing, highly valued
- Experience working collaboratively as part of an Internal Audit leadership team, valued
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills