We have been engaged to identify an Internal Audit Senior Manager – Project Risk and SDLC for a major Brokerage and Wealth Management company, and one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies. This position can be located in Dallas (Westlake), Phoenix, AZ, or Austin, TX.
As an Internal Audit Senior Manager – Project Risk, you will report directly to the Internal Audit Managing Director – Project Risk and play a key leadership role in this newly developed group. You will help oversee a portfolio of major systems development projects, evaluating ongoing project risk through both Continuous Monitoring and/or Pre/Post Implementation Reviews. You will also conduct reviews to evaluate global change management and SDLC process, as well as to build dashboards and mature process for managing portfolios in this dynamic environment. This role has great visibility, and there is tremendous opportunity to make a major impact.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of Audit Management experience, combined with deep experience auditing Projects/SDLC, and/or hands on experience as an IT Project Manager, including knowledge of relevant Systems Development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, PriSM, Prince2)
This is a very unique opportunity to be part of building, developing, and maturing an Internal Audit function in a large stable company, as the organization has recently moved to take audit back in-house after many years of co-sourcing. The opportunity to make a positive impact is immense!
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Major brand and industry leader!
- Top 50 Admired Companies in the World (Forbes)
- #1 for innovation, use of corporate assets, and social responsibility in it’s industry segment (JD Power)
- Highest Investor Satisfaction for Full Service Brokerage Firm (JD Power)
- Excellent Growth – Net Q1 income up 39% YoY
- Rare opportunity to be part of building and maturing an Audit department in a large and successful company
- This role has potential for major positive impact for IA, and across the enterprise
- High energy and collaborative corporate culture
- Company offers strong benefits package and perks: Free Financial Planning Advice; Sabbaticals, Paid Parental Leave; time off to volunteer, wellness programs, onsite fitness classes, healthy food choices+++
What would make you a great fit:
- 9+ years progressive experience in Audit, combined with a strong focus on SDLC/Project Audits and/or hands on IT Project Management experience
- PMP, CISA, PMI-RMP, CAPM, CISSP, CIA, or other relevant certification preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology strongly preferred
- Experience with other Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, PriSM, Scrum) valued
- Prior Experience in Big 4 or public accounting valued
- Prior experience in large complex financial services (and/or similarly complex environments) highly valued
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to analyze and identify trends and root causes
- Ability to create dashboards and other monitoring/visibility tools valued
- Experience creating Continuous Monitoring tools valued
- Highly positive and collaborative personality
- Agility: ability to deal with a changing environment