We are exited to be recruiting for an Internal Audit Senior Manager / SOX PMO for leading genetics technology company with a simple mission: to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. This San Francisco-based company has made game-changing progress in the area of genetic testing. While genetic testing used to be the domain of the wealthy, this company has driven down the cost from thousands of dollars to as little as a few hundred dollars per test – making it available to the masses. The technology can be used in tailoring a unique treatment plan for a critically-ill cancer patient, to the couple starting a family, and much more. The company has been growing a dramatic clip, with 45% revenue growth YOY.
This company has recently started up an Internal Audit function, and the CAE is looking to make a critical hire. The company has gone though their first year of SOX and at the same time is going through a significant company-wide process re-engineering in order to be able to scale and mature to keep up with this dramatic growth. In this role you will be deeply involved in this process. First, you will oversee the Year 2 Controls Rationalization, driving a process-driven controls approach. You will work closely with business process owners to help them understand and redesign processes and related controls. You will also work closely with the PMO overseeing company-wide process re-design. While this role has a heavy focus on SOX initially, it will eventually expand to cover other compliance-related areas and/or risk-based auditing.
The ideal candidate will have experience having developed scalable SOX programs for recent IPO (or pre-IPO) companies. You will have a very strong grounding in business process, and are able to effectively work with business leaders to understand and redesign their process for efficiency and scalability. You are the type of person who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and you are able to deal with ambiguity. You are a self-starter, who looks at challenges as an opportunity for solutions, and you care more about team goals than personal glory.
What makes this opportunity special:
- A company with a clear mission to improve health outcomes for billions of people
- Astounding growth: 60% growth in in test volume; 45% growth in revenue YOY
- High visibility and impact: You will have an opportunity to build relationships throughout the organization and to have a major impact on critical processes to enable successful growth of the company
- Unique bottom-up team-oriented culture
- Excellent parental leave, flexible vacation and working hours, commuter benefits, and more
What would make you a great fit:
- 7+ years progressive experience in Audit, SOX, or Internal Controls
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification is preferred
- Very solid understanding of business processes, particularly financial processes such as Quote to Cash, Revenue and Period Close
- Experience developing and maturing a scalable SOX program for recent IPO (or pre-IPO) company
- Experience working effectively with business partners to understand and redesign process, and effective controls
- Experience evaluating and testing controls over financial reporting
- Experience with other Compliance areas and/or Risk-based Auditing, a plus
- Knowledge of ERP Controls knowledge; knowledge of Oracle Cloud a plus
- Must be self-starter, able to work without heavy supervision
- Ability to work in flexible and non-traditional culture and environment; must be strong team-player and collaborator
- Big 4 experience and/or experience working with external auditors, a plus