We have been retained to identify an VP (Head of) Technology Audit for one of America’s most respected financial services companies. This organization has received many accolades, including Top Private Bank in the U.S., and has been growing 20% YOY. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
The Internal Audit VP – Technology will report directly to the EVP of Internal Audit/Chief Audit Executive. In this role you will be responsible for leading the Technology Audit program, to include understanding the evolving risk and regulatory universe and developing the Technology Audit plan. You will develop strong collaborative relationships with key Technology and Business stakeholders. You will lead a team of internal and co-sourced resources in the timely and quality execution of the Technology Audit plan, and you will be looked upon to manage, mentor, and develop the members of your team, building out key areas of competency and succession planning. You will act as a key member of the Internal Audit leadership team in shaping the continued growth and evolution of the Audit function.
The ideal candidate will likely be coming out of another significant financial services organization (or have experience in another highly regulated industry). You will be an established leader in Internal Audit with strong understanding of audit process and methodology and risk-based audit approach. You will be a strong people-manager with a history of success in developing staff and teams. You will also be highly collaborative, and work well with people throughout the enterprise, other members of the Audit leadership team, and regulators. Experience with Cloud environments, SDLC, and development of Integrated Audit approach would all be highly valued.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Phenomenal Growth – this organization is growing 20% year-over-year and has quintupled in size over the past 10 years.
- Highly Respected Brand – this is one of the most highly respected organizations in the SF Bay Area, or in financial services. The bank has been recognized as best in class by several publications.
- Key member of the Internal Audit leadership team
- High profile role – excellent visibility within organization
- High integrity organization and culture and Excellent Tone at the Top
- Highly collaborative corporate culture and values
- Great SF location – easily accessible by BART, MUNI, or CALTRANS
- Good work/life balance and No travel!
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- CISA, CPA, CIA, CISSP or other relevant certifications highly valued
- 15+ years progressive experience in Technology Audit/Risk/Compliance, with a heavy recent foundation in Internal IT Audit – must have deep experience in risk-based audit program (not just compliance)
- 7+ years’ in Internal Audit Leadership role, with responsibility for an Audit silo or portion of the Audit plan/team, including audit plan creation and oversight of execution of plan
- Deep knowledge across all key IT Audit domains, and deep and broad technical background. Experience in Cloud environments, and transition from legacy to Cloud, highly valued
- Heavy background in financial services/banking required (may consider experience in other highly regulated industries)
- Deep experience with SDLC and pre-implementation reviews, highly valued
- Experience building out an Integrated Audit program (and the ability for partner effectively with Operational and Compliance Audit silos), highly valued
- Strong people management skills, including managing, mentoring, and developing staff, building cohesive teams, developing department competencies, and succession planning, highly valued
- Prior experience in Big 4 valued
- Outstanding business partner; able to build trust and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and regulators, balanced with ability to support/defend difficult positions when justified
- Experience working collaboratively as part of an Internal Audit leadership team, valued
- MUST HAVE Outstanding communication skills and be a polished and confident presenter