We are recruiting for an Internal Auditor for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position is based in Dublin, CA (alternate locations could be Austin, TX, or Reno, NV).
This company helps small to medium sized businesses easily grow and scale their business by offering a suite of HR, payroll, and compliance related services. This is a 30-year-old company that is experiencing significant growth: $840m to $3.5B in revenue over the past seven years.
This is great opportunity for a candidate that wants to expand beyond SOX testing and SOC reports. Most of their SOX testing is outsourced, so you will have the opportunity to broaden your skills by working on a wide-range of risk-based Audits. In addition, the company is going through significant re-engineering/automating of processes to scale to their growth, and 25% of the Internal Audit budget is dedicated to advisory work. The IA group is also actively developing their Data Analytics capability and you will have ample opportunity to grow your skills in this key area.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand
- Strong player in an increasingly important market niche, enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Great role for someone to broaden their skills into risk-based Operational Audits
- Opportunity to expand and develop your skills in Data Analytics
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance; moderate travel, and good workplace flexibility
- Great location (BART accessible)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Buness
- 1-3 years’ experience in Big 4/Public and/or Internal Audit or SOX
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification a plus, or interest to attain
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Solid knowledge of Auditing concepts, processes, standards, testing
- Ability to lead an audit end-to-end is a plus
- Experience using (or interest in learning) Data Analytics (Tableau) is valued
- Integrated background (with experience in IT and Fin/Op audits) a plus
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Salesforce a plus
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player