Our client is local SF Bay Area consulting firm with a strong client base of start-ups and venture capital companies – many of them in the Cloud space. We are recruiting for an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor (Senior Manager or Manager DOE). This position can be based in SF/SJ or be FULLY REMOTE (with travel) if located in the Central or Pacific Time Zones.
This practice is ISO accredited for ISO 27001 certification audits (and working on accreditation for ISO 27701). In this role, you will be responsible for successful execution of ISO 27001 certification audits. You will ensure projects are completed timely and with high quality, and you will utilize your supervisory skills to effectively manage and mentor Seniors and Staff on these engagements. You will have the opportunity to put your own stamp on maturing methodologies and practices for this high growth segment. You will also have the opportunity to lead SOC engagements. There is the potential to become the ISO Practice lead for the firm and to really develop this practice!
This practice is rolling in business, so this is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the work in Big 4/consulting, but who wishes to focus on execution/methodology rather than selling and business development. The firm has a very entrepreneurial feel and less bureaucracy than the larger firms – strong performers can really carve out their path.
What makes this opportunity special:
- Exposure to cutting-edge technology: Cloud, Mobile Security, Big Data
- Exposure to exciting technology start-up companies in the venture capital space
- Opportunity to become ISO Practice Leader for the firm
- Ranked on several “Best Places to Work” lists – including: #6 Accounting Firm for Women; #8 LGBTQ Diversity; #8 for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Focus on execution without having to worry about sales/BD quotas
- Significantly better work/life balance than Big 4
- Ability to be FULLY REMOTE (with travel)
- Cohesive team-oriented atmosphere
What would make you a great fit:
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT Audit, IT Risk, IT Compliance, and/or cyber security – ideally in a fast-paced consulting environment
- MUST HAVE experience LEADING ISO Certification Audits from beginning to end
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification
- CISA, CISSP, or other technical certifications valued
- Experience with SOC 1/2/3, a plus
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies, including AWS, strongly preferred
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring junior staff, preferred
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills A MUST HAVE!
- Self-starter – able to work independently
- ISO Certification audits typically require onsite travel. This has been temporarily paused due to Covid, but it is expected that this requirement will be reinstated at some point, and candidate will need to be able to travel accordingly.
- MUST HAVE authorization to work in the United States – at this time we do not have the ability to consider candidates who need an H1B visa or visa transfer. We may be able to consider candidates needing an TN or E-3 visa.