We are recruiting for an IT Audit Manager for a rapidly growing regional CPA firm focused on the Austin, TX marketplace. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys IT Audit and consulting but is looking for a different culture and better work-life balance than in Big 4.
This firm has great blend of clients, from startups to established companies, and across a variety of industries: technology, healthcare, natural resources, retail/CPG, nonprofit, professional services, and construction. The firm was founded by former Big 4 leaders who wanted to form a different kind of consulting firm predicated on good work/life balance, family-oriented environment, and a never-ending desire to learn and grow (the firm has a strong mentoring and development program).
You will have the opportunity to work on SOX and SOC engagements. Many of their SOC clients are young startup companies, where you will have an opportunity to work with the latest Cloud-based technologies, and to work on more risk/advisory-driven engagements. In a smaller-firm environment, strong performers can advance quickly.
You would be an ideal candidate if you had prior 5-10years IT Audit experience in Big 4 (or other public accounting/consulting firm), the desire to continually learn, the ability to lead engagements, and the agility to handle a fast pace and multiple client projects.
What makes this opportunity special:
- The firm is on a strong growth-trajectory and has firm footing in the Austin market
- Positive 4.3 rating on Glassdoor
- People-centric and entrepreneurial culture, with better work/life balance than Big 4, and less than 5% travel!
- Strong learning, development, and mentoring program
- With a strong portfolio of technology clients, you will get exposure to latest-Cloud-based technologies/platforms
- Company covers 100% of your health-insurance premiums
- Firm’s offices are in a trio of historic homes walkable to downtown Austin’s restaurants and shops, but with easier parking and freeway access
- Telecommute Tuesdays
- Frequent social/team building activities: rock climbing; kickball, soccer and basketball teams; Happy Hours; bbqs, and charity events
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or IT-related field
- 5-10 year prior IT Audit experience
- Big 4 and/or other public accounting/consulting experience required
- CISA, CISM, CIPP, CISSP or other relevant certification a plus
- Must have solid grounding in IT Audit concepts; ITGCs, and IT SOX
- Must have demonstrated history of being able to lead engagements (including supervising junior staff) soup-to-nuts. Have reach Manager level or final year Senior on cusp of Manager in Big 4 (or similar)
- Experience with Service Organization Control (SOC 1 & 2 ) A strong plus
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills A MUST HAVE!
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and the agility to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a strong-team player and enjoy collaboration