We have been engaged to recruit an IT Audit Manager for one of the world’s largest and most successful home improvement retailers. At $90B and #31 on Fortune 500, and it is one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies (Fortune). This position will be based in Mooresville (North Charlotte), North Carolina.
As IT Audit Manager, you be joining a leading-edge and high-functioning Internal Audit team. You will lead a portfolio of risk-based operational IT Audits (no check-list audits here), with minimal SOX involvement. This role also comes with a heavy supervisory component. You will be leading a team of four IT Auditors, coaching, and mentoring them on their career development, and in some cases helping them transition from Public Accounting into a true risk-based IT Audit environment. You will also have an opportunity to leverage your interest in data analytics to assist in maturing department capabilities.
This company has long been an employer of choice for the greater Charlotte/Mooresville area. While the company is already highly successful, they are not resting on their laurels. They continue to grow and gain market share through innovation (revamped e-commerce site) and savvy merchandising. The Internal Audit team is close knit with a great collaborative culture. The environment is very complex (you will never be on auto-pilot just repeating last years audit), with myriad platforms and processes to keep you stimulated. The Internal Audit group is well-respected within the company and is viewed as a value-added change agent, not just a compliance function. Accordingly, leadership really values analytical critical thinking skills. The department also has a strong track record of both internal promotions as well as moving people out of Audit into the company.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- Highly successful global brand, with $90B in annual revenue (Fortune 31)
- Fortune Top 50 Most Admired Companies in the World
- Heavy focus on Risk-based Operational IT Audits – no checklist auditing here, and minimal SOX
- High level of complexity in technologies and processes to keep you stimulated and learning
- Strong people management/mentoring component
- Company has a strong commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance)
- $150m back into communities in 2020
- 64% of Board are women and/or ethnically diverse
- Commitment to sustainable products and responsible sourcing
- Great work/life balance; moderate travel
- Beautiful campus
- Mooresville NC rated 83/100 (Exceptional) for livability (Area Vibes)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6+ years progressive experience in IT Audit and/or related (IT Risk, cybersecurity, etc.)
- CISA, CIA, CPA CISM, CISSP, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Strong grounding in IT Audit/Security concepts, practices, and relevant frameworks, including ability to develop/scope ambiguous and non-recurring risk-based audits
- A minimum of one year of heavy supervisory (people management) experience
- Heavy experience risk-based IT Operational Audits (not soley compliance or check-listy audits), highly preferred
- Retail, manufacturing, Distribution, or other supply-chain-oriented business experience, a plus
- Experience in leveraging data analytics for more effective auditing, a plus
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Ability to lead Audits end-to-end as well as ability to oversee multiple concurrent audits – excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to seek understand root cause and larger trends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to flex communication style to suit audience
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Ability to travel 10-20%
PLEASE NOTE: while this position is currently Work From Home due to Covid, this IS NOT a fully remote position long-term. Please do not apply unless you are located in (or interested/able to relocate to) Mooresville/Charlotte, NC area.
Apply For This PositionTo inquire about the above Job Opening, please complete the form below