We have been engaged to identify an Internal Audit Manager- Information Technology for one of America’s most respected financial services companies. This organization has received many accolades, including Top Private Bank in the U.S., and has been growing 20% year-over-year. This position can be based in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles (Century City), or San Francisco, CA.
The Internal Audit Manager-IT will report to the VP (Head of) Technology Audit. In this role, you will oversee a portion of the day-to-day execution of the technology audit program. You will help the department maintain high standards, as well as assisting in the movement to more leading-edge approaches. You will assist with annual risk assessment and audit plan preparation, as well as to maintain relationships with key audit stakeholders. You will also play an important role in managing and develop IT Audit team members.
An ideal candidate would be someone with a strong IT Audit background and progression, ideally with significant experience in financial services or healthcare. You will have a very strong grounding in Audit Methodology and Process, and you will enjoy teaching and mentoring others in these areas. You will have a strong grounding in risk-based audit (not just SOX/compliance) with experience of helping junior staff and recent Big 4 hires transition to this approach. You will have experience with, and embrace new techniques (data analytics, RBA, etc.). A strong grounding in cybersecurity and infrastructure audits would be highly valued. Finally, the role requires someone with very strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Outstanding Growth – this organization is growing 20% year-over-year and grown 6X in size over the past 10 years.
- Highly Respected Brand – this is one of the most highly respected organizations in the SF Bay Area, or in financial services. The bank has been recognized as best in class by several publications.
- This is a key role on the Technology Audit team – overseeing and driving a lot of the day-to-day execution, as well as staff development and mentoring
- No SOX!
- This company lives its values – with heavy focus on what is best for the client, and what is best for our employees
- High profile role – excellent visibility within organization
- High integrity organization and culture and Excellent Tone at the Top
- Good work/life balance and No travel!
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, or other relevant certifications highly valued
- 7+ years progressive experience in Technology Audit experience (or combined with relevant infosec or IT risk experience)
- 2+ years’ in Internal Audit Management or Supervisory role, with responsibility for leading a portfolio of audits, maintaining department standards and methodologies, and managing and mentoring staff
- Strong people management skills, including managing, mentoring, and developing staff. Bonus for being able to develop recent Big 4 hires in risk-based audit approach and methodology
- Heavy background in financial services/banking (and/or healthcare) highly desired
- Prior experience in Big 4 valued
- Strong background in cybersecurity and infrastructure domains, highly valued
- Strong background in Cloud technologies, a plus
- Experience working collaboratively as part of an Internal Audit leadership team, valued
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
PLEASE NOTE: This position is NOT fully remote post-Covid. Please do not apply unless you are located in, or able to relocate to, New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, or the San Francisco Bay Area.