We have been engaged to recruit an outstanding IT Audit Manager for the world’s largest home improvement retailer. This position is based at the company headquarters in Atlanta.
In this role you will be part of the Assurance and Advisory Management (Rotational) Program – arguably the best Internal Audit rotational program in the U.S. You will get exposure to senior-level executives (right up to the C-suite), have the ability to work on high profile projects, and benefit from special leadership training. Several hundred candidates have come through this two-year Audit rotational program to take on exciting leadership roles throughout the company.
You will be part of a close-knit team providing value-added risk-based auditing and consulting for one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” (Fortune). You will oversee IT Audit/Risk engagements on a wide array of technologies and environments (Cybersecurity, Cloud, Digital Technologies, SDLC/Agile DevOps, SAP, and more). You will also manage, mentor, teach, and coach 3-4 direct reports, in addition to supervising/mentoring others on a project basis.
The right candidate will have strong risk-based IT Audit skills that go well beyond ITGCs, SOX, or other Compliance. You will have developed areas of deeper subject matter expertise in some of the areas listed above, and you will have a thirst for learning and an aptitude to pick up new areas quickly. Bonus points if you have prior IT or Operational background in addition to IT Audit (sys admin, DBA, security engineer, software engineer, etc). Big 4 experience is also valued. And above all else, you will be a great team player.
What makes this position special?
- Fortune 20 company, and one of the Top 20 Most Admired Companies (Fortune)
- Voted #1 Large Company to Work for in Atlanta (Zippia)
- Top 50 Companies to Grow your Career (Linkedin)
- Part of leading-edge Leadership Development (Rotational) Program
- Work in a great close-knit team-oriented environment and culture – build professional relationships and friendships that will last long after your time in Audit
- Spend your time on high-visibility value-added risk-based Audits/Projects – no checklist work here
- Strong commitment to ESG, giving back to the community, and supporting veterans
- Relocation assistance for non-local candidates
- Excellent work/life balance, minimal travel
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years progressive experience in Technology Audit and/or a combination of IT Audit and a technically focused IT Operational Role (Security Engineer; Sys Admin; software engineer, etc.)
- CISA or other relevant certifications valued
- 1+ years supervisory experience, including performance management and coaching
- Breadth and Depth in risk-based technology audit (not just ITGCs, SOX, PCI, or other compliance)
- Some areas of technical depth or SME (examples include Cybersecurity; Cloud; SAP, infrastructure, Digital Technologies, SDLC/Agile/DevOps, etc.) would be highly valued
- Experience with common frameworks: NIST, SOX, PCI-DSS, SSAE-16, valued
- Big 4 or public accounting experience a plus
- ADAPTABILITY, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and to function in a risk-based non-checklist environment is crucial to a good fit
- Strong interpersonal and communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent team player, and collaborative personality
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
PLEASE NOTE that this role is not FULLY REMOTE post-Covid – employees will need to be based in (or relocate to) the Atlanta area.