We are recruiting for a strong IT Audit Manager to join a great Internal Audit team for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, This role can by Hybrid Remote from SF Bay Area, Austin, or Reno, or this position can be Fully Remote (with occasional travel for team onsite meetings).
This company offers a suite of HR, payroll, benefits, and compliance-related services to small to medium-sized businesses enabling these companies to easily grow and scale their business by focusing on their core competencies. This is a 30-year-old company that is experiencing significant growth: $840m to $4B in revenue over the past seven years.
In this role you oversee/lead risk-based IT Operational Audits, IT SOX work, and various technology-related special projects. The team is looking to expand their focus on more technical IT Audit areas – Network Security, Remote Security, Firewall Management, Encryption, etc. – so your experience/depth in this area will be highly valued, and you’ll have the ability to expand your skills sets.
You will bring solid supervisory experience and be able oversee multiple IT audits/IT SOX cycles/projects concurrently, and you will excel in mentoring and developing and developing junior staff.
You will work on a close-knit and cohesive team, with strong leadership. Internal Audit has developed a great brand within the organization, with an outstanding track record of moving their people up within and/or out of Internal Audit.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand that feels more like a Tech startup
- Strong player in an increasingly important market niche – enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Good mix of risk-based IT Operational Audit, IT SOX, and technology-related advisory/consulting work
- Increasing focus on more technical cyber-security areas to expand your skills
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance
- Option for Fully-Remote (with occasional travel for team onsite meetings)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6 years progressive experience in IT Audit, and/or cybersecurity or IT technical fields
- 1+ years’ experience at Manager (or other supervisory level)
- CISA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting experience, preferred
- Experience working in industry (for publicly traded companies), a plus
- Deeper technical skills highly valued, including experience working in cybersecurity or IT-related roles; and/or experience with more technical audits: Network Security, Remote Security, Firewall Management, Encryption, etc.
- Platform experience in: Peoplesoft, Oracle and Tableau or any other DA tools, a plus
- Solid knowledge of Auditing concepts, methodology, and process, and the ability to teach and mentor others
- Very solid grounding in Internal Auditing Standards, COSO, ICFR/SOX, COBIT, and risk assessment practices
- Experience with SSAE18 (SOC1/SOC2), a plus
- Must have consultative approach, good communication and influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment (including high level of adaptability to change), highly preferred
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Self-discipline to function at a high level in Remote environment