We have been engaged to identify the next great IT Auditor for a major U.S. financial services company. If you are IT Auditor with 2-3 years’ experience with an ability to think strategically and get away from the checklist, then this could be a great place to transition and build your career out of Big 4/Public. This position can be based in Charlotte, or Jacksonville.
This organization is a leading provider of financial services to the academic, research medical, cultural, and government fields. With $1.3B in assets under management, it has all of the size and complexity you could ask for, but, it is privately held.
You will join an IT Audit team that has a heavy strategic and consulting focus, and you will rarely do any IT SOX work. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of IT Audits, Security Reviews, and Integrated Audits, and Systems Development/Project Audits, with a heavy focus on areas like Data Loss Prevention, Cybersecurity, and Cybercrime/Ransomware. You will get exposure to a wide range of platforms, including complex homegrown systems, Cloud, and 3rd party vendors. You will be encouraged to look beyond the controls to analyze things like operational efficiency/effectiveness, strategic alignment/performance, and to look at the bigger picture and connect the dots.
Internal Audit has a great reputation within the organization, and there is strong support and great tone at the top. IA has a great track record of moving people up within Internal Audit, as well moving people out of Audit into other parts of the organization. IT Audit Leadership really cares about developing their people.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Leading provider of diverse financial services – Best Large Funds company 6 straight years (Lipper)
- Stability –this company has served the higher education community for over 100 years, is well-capitalized and had strong performance through the pandemic
- Great Tone at the Top and great support for Internal Audit
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of complex IT Audits, with minimal SOX!
- Internal Audit has a great track record of promoting up within the organization, and out into IT/Business
- High energy and collaborative corporate culture
- The company has won awards/recognition for World’s Most Ethical Companies; Top 20 Companies for Diversity; Best Companies for Women (Forbes); Best Companies for Working Mothers; Best Companies for Latinas
- Company offers a strong benefits package and perks, including defined retirement contribution (in addition to 401K match), excellent PTO, and hybrid-remote work environment
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in IT Audit, Risk, or Information Security
- CISA, CISSP or other relevant certification a plus (or desire to attain)
- Prior Experience in Big 4 or public accounting valued
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to analyze and identify trends and root causes
- Demonstrate history to work outside of a checklist
- Experience with data analytics is valued
- Highly positive and collaborative personality
- Passion for your craft and the desire to add value and make a difference
PLEASE NOTE: this position is not Fully-Remote post-Covid. Employees will need to have some regular presence in the office. Please do not apply if you are unable to commute (or interested in relocating) to Charlotte (NC), Jacksonville (FL), or Denver (CO).