We have been engaged to identify a Manager, Financial Risk & Controls for a specialty bank that is the financial engine of Silicon Valley and innovation around the world. Ranked #9 on Forbes’ “Best Banks in America,” and one of the fasted growing companies in America with Asset size having doubled from $56B to $115B in two years! This is the bank of choice for roughly 50% of venture-capital-based companies (and VC Firms) in the United States – and roughly half of innovation-based IPOs over the past two years. They have a global presence and are actively expanding to innovations centers around the world. This position can be based in Charlotte (NC), Atlanta (GA) or REMOTE if based in (NC, GA, FL, CT, or Ohio).
The Manager, Financial Risk and Controls is a new position (due to growth). In this role you In this role you lead a team of 3-4 to drive much of the Business side of the Financial Risk and Controls/SOX program to ensure compliance and increase efficiency and effectiveness of Financial and Operational controls. This will include (but not limited to): review of process, procedures and risk and controls impacting financial reporting; SOX scoping exercises, oversight of testing of controls (for design and effectiveness); coordination with 1st line of defense and Internal Audit; and reporting.
Now is your change to be part of the technology revolution and innovation space without having to live in the heart of Silicon Valley!
NOTE: Prior Commercial Banking experience is highly valued.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- This bank drives innovation in Silicon Valley and around the world
- Ranked #9 on Forbes’ “Best Banks in America”
- One of the fasted growing companies in U.S. – doubling asset size in two years!
- Outstanding tone at the top and support from Senior Management
- Growing Internationally – this bank is poised to be an innovation engine for the world
- Culture – very entrepreneurial – this feels more like a tech company than a bank
- Opportunity to play a key role in maturing the risk posture of this growing organization
- High visibility role with great potential to make an impact and build your brand
- Great Work/Life balance AND FLEXIBLE vacation policy
- This position can be FULLY REMOTE (if living in NC, GA, FL, CT, or OH)
What would make you a great fit:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years progressive experience in Audit SOX
- 1+ years at Lead or Manager level with direct supervisory responsibilities
- Strong grounding in common SOX/ICFR processes
- End-to-end walkthroughs
- Scoping new processes
- Evaluating and testing controls (both design and effectiveness)
- Issues Remediation
- Experience in Commercial Banking highly preferred!
- Excellent communication skills, and highly collaborative
- Able to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Comfortable working independently in a remote or hybrid-remote setting
- Occasional need to flex ours to accommodate calls with India and U.S. Pacific Time.
- Some (low to moderate) travel may be required post-Covid