We have been retained to identify an Managing Director Internal Audit for a unique and vital financial services organization, based in San Francisco, CA.
The Internal Audit Managing Director, will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive, and will be responsible for overseeing the financial/operational Audit team. In this role you will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, help drive the risk assessment process, work with the CAE to develop the Audit program, and oversee the execution of the program utilizing a combination of inhouse and co-sourced resources.
You will bring a strong foundation in Internal Audit, significant experience in Audit leadership, a strategic mindset, very strong communication skills, and a highly collaborative mindset. An ideal candidate would have a CPA, and solid knowledge of GAAP, Accounting, and banking operations and regulations.
This is a unique organization, managing huge sums of money with a lean team of talented individuals working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. The organization has an important mission and social conscience in helping individuals get into affordable housing. They are family friendly, offer reasonable work like balance, and no travel.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Small company culture, but with an important mission, and that handles very large financial transactions
- Work with a lean organization of very talented and highly qualified professionals
- This unique organization requires a high level of creative and strategic thinking
- Excellent work/life balance and virtually no travel
- Beautiful new offices in the heart the SF financial district
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters’ a plus
- Relevant professional certification: CPA highly valued
- 10+ years progressive experience in Internal Audit
- 5+ years at Managerial or Leadership level, including:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Prior involvement in risk assessment, and audit plan creation
- Experience interacting with Senior Leadership and building strong relationships
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff (and co-sourced resources)
- Experience in Financial Services, or other highly regulated industry, preferred
- Ability to stay abreast of changing technologies and emerging risks
- Relationship-oriented, and collaborative style
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills