We have been retained to identify a Managing Director [Head of], Technology Audit for a unique and vital financial services organization, based in San Francisco, CA.
The Information Technology Audit, Managing Director, will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive, and will be responsible for running the IT Audit program. In this role you will develop strong relationships with key IT stakeholders, execute the risk assessment, develop the IT Audit program, and oversee the execution of the program utilizing a combination of inhouse and co-sourced resources. You will also have the opportunity to refresh the IT Audit methodology.
You will bring a strong foundation in technology audit, significant experience in IT Audit leadership, solid technical skills and knowledge, a strategic mindset, very strong communication skills, and a highly collaborative mindset.
This is a unique organization, managing huge sums of money with a lean team of talented individuals working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. The organization has an important mission and social conscience in helping individuals get into affordable housing. They are family friendly, offer reasonable work like balance, and no travel.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Small company culture, but with an important mission, and that handles very large financial transactions
- Opportunity to put your stamp on the IT Audit program
- Work with a lean organization of very talented and highly qualified professionals
- This unique organization requires a high level of creative and strategic thinking
- Excellent work/life balance and virtually no travel
- Beautiful new offices in the heart the SF financial district
- Competitive compensation package
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field; Masters’ a plus
- Relevant professional certification: CISA, CISSP, CISM, or other relevant technical certifications
- 10+ years progressive experience in Technology Audit and or related areas (cyber security)
- 5+ years at Managerial or Leadership level, including:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Prior involvement in risk assessment, and audit plan creation
- Experience interacting with Senior Leadership and building strong relationships
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff (and co-sourced resources)
- Experience in Financial Services, or other highly regulated industry, preferred
- Knowledge of banking (financial services) technology infrastructure, highly preferred
- Knowledge of IT Frameworks: COBIT, COSO, NIST-800-53,ISO 27001, ISO 22301 and GAPPI
- Ability to stay abreast of changing technologies and emerging risks
- Relationship-oriented, and collaborative style
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills