We have been engaged to identify a Process Optimization Manager (or Analyst DOE) for a major global transportation/logistics company based in Seattle, WA.
This very unique role is part Business Analyst and part Project Manager, and can be a path to becoming a Program Manager. This organization is going through a major business systems transformation, including implementation of a new ERP system (IFS) and transitioning to other integrated cloud applications.
You will be involved with large and small transformation initiatives focused on identifying meaningful process improvements, streamlining effectiveness of cloud enabled solutions, and helping to ensure that software capabilities remain aligned with changing business needs. You will create a business transformation road map, and measure progress through KPIs, and by leveraging data integration and analysis tools.
An ideal candidate would be someone with a background in Big 4 or other consulting environment, with a heavy focus on business process (implementations, business transformation, controls optimization, etc). Project Management and/or data analytics background would be highly valued, as would some background/perspective in an audit career. You are someone with an insatiable thirst for learning, who is not afraid to jump into new areas to drive changes, or develop new skills sets. You are extraverted enough to foster relationships throughout the enterprise and be able to lead meetings with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You have supreme organizational skills and the ability to keep multiple balls in the air. You connect the dots using your strong analytical skills.
This company could be right for you if you value an organization and industry that is really unique, very complex, and full of nuance. This is the type of company that people tend to stay at for many years, and they have a benefits and retirement program that encourages that. You will report to a Senior Manager who has great interpersonal skills, a laid-back personality, combined with great experience and intellect – someone who can be an excellent mentor. If you are looking for a role/company that is a little unique and off the beaten path, this could be the place for you.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Global logistics/transportation company that facilitates movement of goods with 250 locations around the globe
- Unique and complex business with many layers
- Unique role – combining Business Analyst and Project Management responsibilities
- Opportunity to be a real consultant, exposure to various company divisions, and have a major impact on business transformation
- Potential path to Program Manager roles
- Company has great work-life balance, excellent benefits (including retirement program), and they continue to invest in training their employees – it’s the type of company people can build a career over many years
What would make you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, IT, or other relevant business area
- 3+ years’ experience (1-2 for Business Analyst level) in Public Accounting/Consulting, Internal Audit, or other heavy Business Process-related role
- Insatiable thirst for learning; you are not afraid to jump into new areas, or to self-study to pick up technologies or methods
- Extroverted and confident enough to build relationships through the enterprise, lead meetings with people at all levels of the company, and to work consistently across different departments
- Experience with complex business processes (i.e. P2P, O2C), highly valued – could be from an audit perspective
- Experience with digital transformations and ERP systems
- Proven analytical and data-driven problem-solving skills
- Experience with data analytics/integration tools (Boomi, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, etc.), highly valued
- Experience developing or measuring KPIs, highly valued
- Project Management skills, or the ability to lead/organize projects, highly valued
- Solid grounding in business risk, and internal controls – highly valued
- Any prior experience with the port and terminal management industry, a nice to have
- Strong analytical skills – can connect the dots
- Self-starter – has the ability to take initial instructions and run with it
- Solid team player and excellent collaborator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a fully-fully remote role post-Covid. Please do not apply unless you are located in, or open to relocate to, the Seattle area.