We are recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor (Business) to join a great Internal Audit team for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position can be based in Dublin, CA, (North) Austin, TX, Bradenton (Tampa), FL, or Reno, NV, or possibly remote.
This company helps small to medium size businesses easily grow and scale their business by offering a suite of HR, payroll, and compliance related services. This is a 30-year-old company that is feels more like a startup. They are experiencing significant growth: $840m to $4B in annual revenue over the past seven years.
In this role you be responsible for leading a wide range of Internal Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting engagements. There is a great variety of work, with only ¼ (or less) of the time is spent on SOX. 25% of Audit’s budget is dedicated to internal advisory and consulting. Audit is getting involved in many non-typical and interesting projects.
Internal Audit is a close-knit team, with strong leadership, and excellent mentors. They also offer excellent work/life balance.
The ideal candidate would be one with a combination of SOX and risk-based Operational Audit experience, with at least a year of leading Audit/SOX engagements end-to-end. Data analytics background would also be a plus.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand with significant growth
- Strong player in and increasingly important market niche, enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Great mix of risk-based Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting work
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance; moderate travel, and very good workplace flexibility (mostly remote; come into office as needed)
- Great locations (North Austin, or BART accessible Dublin location, Reno, or Bradenton, FL)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-7 years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, or other relevant certification preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Solid knowledge of Auditing Concepts, including at least one year leading Audit and/or SOX cycles end-to-end
- Experience with risk-based Operational audits, preferred
- Integrated background (with experience in IT and Fin/Op audits), a plus
- Must have consultative approach, good influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- Data analytics background is highly valued
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player