We are recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor to join a great Internal Audit team for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position can be based in Dublin, CA; (North) Austin, TX; Bradenton (Tampa), FL; or Reno, NV.
This company helps small to medium size businesses easily grow and scale their business by offering a suite of HR, payroll, and compliance related services. This is a 30-year-old company that is feels more like a startup. They are experiencing significant growth: $840m to $4B in annual revenue over the past seven years.
In this role you be responsible for leading a wide range of Internal Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting engagements. There is a great variety of work, with only ¼ (or less) of the time is spent on SOX. 25% of Audit’s budget is dedicated to internal advisory and consulting. Audit is getting involved in many non-typical and interesting projects – for example, working with their clients to navigate the complexity of Covid and Covid-related stimulus/loan options. In addition, you will work on a close-knit team, with strong leadership, and excellent mentors.
The ideal candidate would be one with have at least a year of leading Audit/SOX engagements end-to-end. Experience with risk-based Operational Audits would be highly valued, as would an IT/Integrated Audit background. Data analytics background would also be a plus.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand
- Strong player in and increasingly important market niche, enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Great role for some who wants to maintain/grow both their IT and fin/op skills sets
- Great mix of risk-based Audit, SOX, and advisory/consulting work
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance; moderate travel, and very good workplace flexibility (even post-Covid)
- Great locations (North Austin, or BART accessible Dublin location, Reno, or Bradenton)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4-8 years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Solid knowledge of Auditing Concepts, including at least one year leading Audit and/or SOX cycles end-to-end
- Experience with risk-based Operational audits, preferred
- Integrated background (with experience in IT and Fin/Op audits), a big plus
- Must have consultative approach, good influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- Data analytics background is valued
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player