We are recruiting for a strong SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR for a top-rated financial services company. This is for a highly respected brand that is undergoing rapid and consistent growth. The Internal Audit department in is growing and we have openings as the Senior and Staff level. This person can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, or Boston.
In this role you will leverage your solid foundation in audit process to lead risk-based audits. You will get exposure to multiple areas, including Corporate Functions (Legal, HR, Marketing, Accounting & Finance), Lending and Deposit operational areas, and Technical Finance/Accounting areas (CCAR, Interest Rate Liquidity, etc.). We also have openings on the Compliance Audit team, where you would focus auditing controls around BSA/AML processes, and lending and deposit regulations. An ideal candidate would be someone with Internal Audit experience in a bank.
You will work in a highly collaborative setting, in an Internal Audit department with strong leadership that is pushing to be the Audit Department of the Future. The department has an outstanding track record of promoting from within, as well as a platform for people to move out of Audit into areas like Risk Management, Compliance, or the business. This is in the sweet spot of banking – big enough to offer complexity and yet small enough to offer great visibility and career growth options.
What makes this position special?
- Very strong growth trajectory! Company has quintupled in size in the past ten years!
- Outstanding reputation – organization has been recognized as best in class by several publications
- Great visibility: opportunity to build relationships and your brand throughout the enterprise
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Department has a great history of promoting from within, as well as moving people out into into Risk/Compliance/Business
- High integrity organization and culture that cares about it’s employees
- Great SF location (post-Covid) – near Embarcadero BART
- No travel!
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- CIA, CFSA, CPA, CRMA, CAMS, or other relevant certification a plus
- 4-8 years progressive Audit experience (Big 4 experience highly valued); 1-3 years for Staff Internal Auditor
- Internal Audit experience in banking environment, a strong plus
- Solid grounding in auditing concepts and methodology; experience with risk-based Audit, a plus
- For Senior Internal Auditor – least two years leading audits from beginning to end, including areas like, scoping, testing, work paper review, drafting of audit findings, etc.
- Creative thinker who likes to continually search for more effective/efficient ways (technologies/data analytics/approaches) to audit
- Prior experience or knowledge in of bank operations and processes, valued
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent team player, and collaborative personality
PLEASE NOTE: This position is NOT fully remote post-Covid. Please do not apply unless you are located in, or able to relocate to, New York City, Boston, or the San Francisco Bay Area.