We are recruiting for a strong SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR for top-rated financial services company based in San Francisco, CA. This is for a highly respected brand has been grown by 6-fold over the past decade. The Internal Audit department in is expanding and this is a newly created req.
In this role you will leverage your solid foundation in audit process to lead risk-based audits. You will get exposure to multiple areas, including Corporate Functions (Legal, HR, Marketing, Accounting & Finance), Lending and Deposit operational areas, and Technical Finance/Accounting areas (CCAR, Interest Rate Liquidity, etc.).
This department values creative and critical thinkers who want to continually explore new and more strategic audit/testing strategies in this risk-based audit department, and to be focused on identifying root cause and adding value. Aptitude with Data Analytics is also valued.
You will work in a highly collaborative setting, in an Internal Audit department with strong leadership that is pushing to be the Audit Department of the Future. The department has an outstanding track record of promoting from within, as well as a platform for people to move out of Audit into areas like Risk Management, Compliance, or the business. This is a great opportunity to transition to one of San Francisco’s hottest and most successful companies.
What makes this position special?
- Very strong growth trajectory! Company has quintupled in size in the past ten years!
- Outstanding reputation – organization has been recognized as best in class by several publications
- Great visibility: opportunity to build relationships and your brand throughout the enterprise
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Department has a great history of promoting from within, as well as moving people out into into Risk/Compliance/Business
- High integrity organization and culture that cares about it’s employees
- Great SF location (post-Covid) – near Embarcadero BART
- No travel!
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- CIA, CFSA, CPA, CRMA, CAMS, or other relevant certification a plus
- 3-8 years progressive Audit experience (Big 4 experience highly valued)
- Financial services experience (or focus in Public/Consulting) preferred
- Solid grounding in auditing concepts and methodology; experience with risk-based Audit, a plus
- At least two years leading audits from beginning to end, including areas like, scoping, testing, work paper review, drafting of audit findings, etc.
- Creative thinker who likes to continually search for more effective/efficient ways (technologies/data analytics/approaches) to audit
- Prior experience or knowledge in of bank operations and processes, valued
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent team player, and collaborative personality
PLEASE NOTE: This role IS NOT fully remote post-Covid. Please only apply if you are currently located in, or able to relocate to, the San Francisco Bay Area.