We are recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor for a leading provider of HR services to small and medium sized businesses. The company is based in the SF Bay Area, and this position can be based in (North) Austin, TX, or Dublin, CA.
This company helps small to medium size businesses easily grow and scale their business by offering a suite of HR, payroll, and compliance related services. This is a 30-year-old company that is experiencing significant growth: $840m to $3.5B in revenue over the past seven years.
The ideal candidate would be one with an Integrated Audit background, able to lead both financial/operational and IT Audits and SOX-related projects. The company is going through significant engineering/ automating of processes to scale to their growth, and there is plenty of opportunity to put on your advisory hat. In this role you will also have an opportunity to mentor and supervise junior staff, and there is potential for a strong performer to fast-track to Manager.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- 30-year-old established business/brand
- Strong player in and increasingly important market niche, enabling small and medium sized companies to focus on their core competencies
- Great role for some who wants to maintain/grow both their IT and fin/op skills sets
- Mix of risk-based Audit and SOX work
- Great career path opportunities within and outside of Audit
- Good work/life balance; moderate travel, and good workplace flexibility
- Great locations (North Austin, or BART accessible Dublin location)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4-8 years progressive experience in Audit
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification preferred
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Solid knowledge of Auditing Concepts, including the ability to lead audits
- Integrated background (with experience in IT and Fin/Op audits), preferred
- Experience with both risk-based operational Audits and SOX would be a plus
- Must have consultative approach, good influencing skills, and to be able to put on the “advisory” hat
- History of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic environment highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- History of collaboration – strong team player