We are recruiting for a Senior Manager, IT SOX for a highly regarded financial services company – one of San Francisco’s most admired companies, and Best Places to Work (Glassdoor). The Bank has a very strong growth trajectory having grown 6X over the past 10 years. This role is hybrid remote (two days/week in office) based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Century City, Palo Alto, or San Diego.
The Senior Manager, IT SOX is a newly created role reporting to the VP, Head of Corporate SOX Program. The SOX function was split off from Internal Audit three years ago, and you will play a key role in helping to continue to grow and evolve the function.
As Senior Manager, IT SOX, you will be the point person responsible for the IT/Technology side of SOX execution, including scoping and risk assessment for SOX and the annual Fraud Risk assessments, planning and budgeting, and oversight of execution utilizing both in-house and co-sources resources. You will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and work closely with lines of business SOX Liaison teams (Information Security, Information Services, Enterprise Data and Client Insights, Vendor Management, Accounting, and Financial Systems Support), as well as Internal Audit, Risk, and Big 4 Partners. You will also manage and mentor staff, as well as to continue to grow the team. This is a dynamic environment with many new major systems implementations ongoing, and you will have an opportunity to consult up front on controls for these new systems.
You will work in a highly collaborative setting, in a company/department with strong leadership and excellent tone from the top. The position has excellent visibility as well as the opportunity to really make an impact in maturing the IT SOX function.
What makes this position special?
- Very strong growth trajectory! Company has sustained 20% growth yoy for over a decade, having grown 6X in size in the past ten years!
- Outstanding reputation – organization has been recognized as best in class by several publications and Best Places to Work (Glassdoor)
- Great visibility: opportunity to build relationships and your brand with key leaders throughout the enterprise
- Make an input: opportunity to really make your imprint on growing and maturing this key function
- Highly collaborative team environment
- High integrity organization and culture that cares about its employees
- Hybrid remote (2 days week in office) / and no travel
What would make you a great fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CPA, CIA, CFE, or other relevant certification a plus
- 8+ years progressive experience in SOX, Audit, and/or Internal Controls
- 3+ years’ experience in a managerial supervisory role
- Experience leading all, or a significant portion of, IT SOX program either in-house, or for clients in Public Accounting, with responsible for setting direction, managing timeline, and oversight of high-quality deliverables
- Financial Services experience a plus, as is experience in Public Accounting
- Solid foundation in IT SOX/Internal Controls/Auditing (COSO, ITGC, ITAC) concepts and methodology; to include controls testing, documentation, workflows, walkthroughs, and remediation
- Executive presence and the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with C-suite and VP-level partners
- Very strong communication skills (both oral and written) are essential
- Excellent team player, and collaborative personality
- Experience with AuditBoard, or similar tool, a plus
Please note: at this time we are unable to consider candidates needing a visa or visa transfer.