We have been engaged to recruit an SOX Manager (Internal Controls Design and Implementation) for a successful global consumer products company. This role can be based in Durham, NC, or Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area).
The company has just embarked on a major multi-year Technology Transformation project, including an implementation of SAP S/4HANA. The SOX Manager role reports into the FRC organization, but in this role you will spend 75%+ of your time embedded with the implementation team. You will work with business owners to scope/understand risk, to help re-think processes to take advantage of the new platform, and to design and implement appropriate controls where needed. This role WILL NOT focus on SOX testing.
An ideal candidate would be someone with a strong grounding in SOX readiness and business process controls design and implementation combined with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience across IT and Business/Operational controls would be valued, and experience with SAP 4/HANA would be highly valued.
The company has a diverse product line and is ranked #1 or 2 in 80% of their product categories. The company has won numerous awards for Diversity, and Sustainability. The organization prides itself on excellent work-life balance, and it is the type of company where people go to work for many years.
What Makes this Opportunity Special?
- Global Leader in the Consumer Products space – ranked #1 or #2 in 80% of their product lines
- High Impact/Visibility role working on a major Enterprise Technology Transformation
- Role is focused on business process and controls designs – NOT TESTING
- Company has a strong commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) – #11 Baron’s Most Sustainable Companies
- Great company for Diversity – #8 Best Companies for Women to Advance (Parity), and #8 Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to Work (Diversity MBA Magazine)
- Company has a great track record of promoting internal career advancement
- Great work/life balance
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years progressive experience in Audit, SOX, or other focus on business process or Internal Controls
- Bachelors’ degree
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Solid grounding in SOX, GAAP, COSO and Internal Controls, and the ability to identify and implement process improvement
- Strong knowledge of SAP S/4HANA would be highly valued
- Big 4 experience and/or experience with medium to large publicly traded companies
- Supply-chain and/or Inventory management and controls experience would be valued
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and/or change initiatives and the ability to form solid relationships with stakeholder across the enterprise
- Ability to understand both IT Risk/Controls and Operational-Business Risk/Controls would be valued
- Excellent communication skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker who can see and help others rethink processes