We are recruiting for a VP, Internal Audit Manager for a very unique organization, located in beautiful Marin County, CA. This is a specialty finance company (REIT) focused on making credit-sensitive investments in single-family residential and multifamily mortgages and related assets that manages a billion-dollar portfolio of assets.
As VP, Internal Audit Manager, you will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive and oversee most of the day to day execution of the Internal Audit plan, including supervising a team of (5 FTE) internal and co-sourced resources. This role has a possible path to CAE as the current CAE is looking to groom her potential successor! You will be involved with risk assessment, audit planning, audit committee packet preparation, in addition to overseeing the execution of both the risk-based Audit and SOX program(s), and managing the developing the staff.
This is a small company that manages a large portfolio with just a few hundred people. Consequently, they hire very bright and talented individuals. You will be on a first name basis with the senior executives of the company. There is also ample opportunity to play more of an advisory role – working with business owners to refine processes/controls. This company has a long and stable history but is dynamic and changing, and in growth mode.
What makes this opportunity special:
- Opportunity to oversee daily operations of an Internal Audit group, and to be groomed to potentially move into the Chief Audit Executive role
- Strong, stable, and unique finance company with a complex business
- Great visibility – you will be on a first name basis with senior executives
- Wide variety of Audit/SOX activities with exposure to both Fin/Op and IT side, also acquisitions and implementations
- Good company culture and perks
- Work in a beautiful setting in Marin County
- Note: this REIT does not hold Commercial RE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree a must
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or other relevant certification highly preferred
- 9+ years progressive experience in Audit, ideally with significant experience in Internal Audit (or IA Services in Big 4)
- 4+ years at Manager level (or above)
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- Integrated background, with at least some exposure to Technology Audit/IT SOX, highly valued
- Banking, Mortgage, or Financial Services experience a plus
- Additional experience in more consulting/risk related Audit and consulting projects preferred
- Knowledge of key frameworks ( COSO, U.S. SOX, U.S. GAAP, COBIT) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Highly collaborative personality, adept at building and maintaining strong relationships
Note: This company is not currently considering candidates who may need visa sponsorship/transfer.