We have been engaged to find the next Senior Internal Auditor for a major energy infrastructure company. This position is hybrid-remote (1-2 days/wk) from their office in Alexandria, VA (right off Hwy 395).
This company is a subsidiary of a large North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to its customers. In short, this job is ideal if you seek a blend of really interesting work in a fascinating industry combined with very good work/life balance. You will work on a variety of risk-based operational audits, a small SOX component, and you will gain experience in EHS (Environmental Health and Safety)/Facilities audits.
This is the type of company where people come to grow their career over many years. The company also offers the stability of a major energy infrastructure company with the change and dynamism of becoming a leader in efficient and environmentally friendly energy technology solutions.
This organization offers a solid benefits package, including 20 days PTO and a 4% retirement contribution (in addition to a 4% 401K match).
WHAT MAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY SPECIAL:
- Solid stable organization – voted among most trusted brands in the space
- Company is talking a lead in driving efficient and clean energy solutions
- Good blend of risk-based operational audits, EHS audits, and manageable SOX
- Opportunity to drive IA maturity in Data Analytics
- Excellent work/life balance, minimal travel
- Very friendly and congenial culture
- Very flexible hybrid-remote (1-2 days/wk in office)
- 20 days PTO
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A GREAT FIT:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience in Audit/SOX
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant certifications valued
- Experience in risk-based operational audit, highly valued
- experience with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety)/Facilities audits, would be a big plus (or interest to learn)
- Experience working in SAP environments valued
- Integrated Audit experience valued
- Experience with DIMP (Distribution Integrity Management Program), a plus
- Knowledge of Canadian/US pipeline /asset regulations and auditing standards, a plus
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative approach and personality
Note: Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States