We have been engaged to recruit for a Senior Internal Auditor (SOX) for a $50B global food giant. This company is a leading U.S. producer of pork, beef, chicken, and plant-based meat substitutes, with 100 customers on six continents. Their client list includes companies like Costco, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and Chick-fil-a. The company has a strong commitment to sustainability and environmental commitments as well as several corporate initiatives to increase education and better the communities they operate in across rural America. This role is based in their Corporate Headquarters near Loveland, CO (between Denver and Fort Collins, CO).
As a SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR, you will play a key role in the execution of a successful SOX program. The company is going through some exciting changes, with SOX to become a high visibility area. You will also get exposure to risk-based operational audits, FCPA (Anti-Bribery and Corruption) Compliance, and investigations. You’ll also have the opportunity to travel and visit plants/operations (travel percentage is 15% or less), and for those interested, there may be the opportunity for some international travel (in recent years they have traveled to the UK and Australia). You will work with strong mentors who will develop you to get to the next level.
The company has a very congenial and collaborative culture and offers excellent work-life balance. Both the Internal Audit department and the company have a very good track record of promoting from within as well as supporting moves into other areas of the company.
The Loveland/Fort Collins area consistently appears on numerous “Best Places to Live” lists, featuring 300 days of sun a year, and access to lakes and mountains – great for outdoor/nature lovers. There is some appetite for moderate relocation assistance for candidate wishing to relocate within the U.S.
WHAT MAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY SPECIAL:
- Great combination of Stability and Growth – very recession-resistant industry
- Strong commitment to lowering their environmental impact- Net Zero by 2040 (reduction in greenhouse gas emissions); other programs to limited water usage
- Invests in its people- Better Futures Program offers free tuition for employees and dependents
- Invests in communities- Hometown Strong has contributed $100MM to local communities
- Good career path options within or outside of Internal Audit
- Great work/life balance
- Team oriented, collaborative culture
- Low travel – max 15% (possibility for some int’l travel for those interested)
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A GREAT FIT:
- Bachelor’s Degree (degrees in Accounting, Finance, Business are highly valued)
- 3-5 years prior Audit/SOX experience
- CPA, CIA or relevant certifications valued (or interest to attain)
- Solid foundation in SOX highly desired
- Solid foundational knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, and IFRS, a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (especially SAP), a plus
- Critical thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Adept at multitasking and self-directed
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Team player – good collaborator; understands how their deliverables impact the bigger picture
- Solid communication skills – both oral and written
- Food, Manufacturing, Distributions, other Supply-chain-oriented industry experience, a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 15% (likely less), including occasional trips to food production facilities
This company may consider candidates needing an H1B visa transfer, a TN visa, or who are on an OPT/STEM, and who have very strong qualification and stable career histories.
A reasonable estimate of total compensation (base + bonus) for the Senior Internal Auditor role is $100K – $132K.