We have been engaged to recruit a Lead Internal Auditor for one of the world’s largest and most successful home improvement retailers.
At $94B and #39 on Fortune 500, it is one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies (Fortune). You will work at the company’s stunning campus in Mooresville (North Charlotte), North Carolina. Candidates should live in (or be open to relocate to) the Charlotte area.
This company has long been an employer of choice for the greater Charlotte/Mooresville area. While the company is already highly successful, they are not resting on their laurels. They continue to grow and gain market share through innovation (revamped e-commerce site) and savvy merchandising. They have been selected as a Top Company to Grow Your Career (LinkedIn), and the company has received various accolades for diversity and inclusion.
You will be joining an Internal Audit team with a close-knit and collaborative culture. You will lead complex risk-based operational audits aimed at providing meaningful insights to the business. The Internal Audit group is well-respected within the company and is viewed as a value-added change agent, not just a compliance function. Accordingly, leadership really values analytical critical thinking skills. Internal Audit has fully embraced the Agile audit approach, as well as data analytics, for more effective and value-added auditing. The department also has a strong track record of both internal promotions as well as moving people out of Audit into the company.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Highly successful global brand, with $94B in annual revenue (Fortune #39)
- Fortune Top 50 Most Admired Companies in the World
- Heavy focus on risk-based operational audits and IA has adopted Agile auditing – no “checklist audits here.”
- High level of complexity and processes to keep you stimulated and learning
- Company has a strong commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) and D&I (Diversity and Inclusion)
- Great work/life balance; and moderate travel (likely 10% or less)
- Beautiful campus
- Mooresville NC highly rated for livability and low cost of living
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4+ years progressive experience Audit/SOX expereince
- CIA, CPA, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Risk-based Operational Audit experience, a big plus
- Strong experience leading audits from beginning to end (including scoping/planning), highly desired
- Big 4/Public or experience with Retail and/or Supply-Chain-oriented company a plus
- Experience with Agile auditing, a plus
- Experience in leveraging data analytics for more controls/testing automation, a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to seek understand root cause and larger trends, a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to flex communication style to suit audience
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Ability to travel (likely no more than 10%)
PLEASE NOTE: this is not a remote role; candidates must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Charlotte area. Relocation assistance available for strong candidates.