We have been engaged to recruit an IT Audit Manager (Cybersecurity) for one of the world’s largest and most successful home improvement retailers.
At $94B and #39 on Fortune 500, it is one of the World’s 50 Most Admired Companies (Fortune). You will work at the company’s stunning campus in Mooresville (North Charlotte), North Carolina (with the option to work 50% of time at the Charlotte tech hub). Candidates should live in (or be open to relocate to) the Charlotte area.
As IT Audit Manager, you be joining a leading-edge and high-functioning Internal Audit team that has fully embraced Agile audit methodology. You will lead a portfolio of risk-based operational IT Audits (no check-list audits here), with a heavy focus on cybersecurity. This role also comes with a heavy supervisory component. You will be leading a team of four IT Auditors, coaching, and mentoring them on their career development, and in some cases helping them transition from Public Accounting into a true risk-based IT Audit environment. You will also have an opportunity to leverage your interest in data analytics to assist in maturing department capabilities.
This company has long been an employer of choice for the greater Charlotte/Mooresville area. While the company is already highly successful, they are not resting on their laurels. They continue to grow and gain market share through innovation (revamped e-commerce site) and savvy merchandising. The Internal Audit team is close knit with a great collaborative culture. The environment is very complex (you will never be on auto-pilot just repeating last years audit), with myriad platforms and processes to keep you stimulated. The Internal Audit group is well-respected within the company and is viewed as a value-added change agent, not just a compliance function. Accordingly, leadership really values analytical critical thinking skills. The department also has a strong track record of both internal promotions as well as moving people out of Audit into the company.
What Makes this Opportunity Special:
- Highly successful global brand, with $94B in annual revenue (Fortune #39)
- Fortune Top 50 Most Admired Companies in the World
- Heavy focus on Risk-based Operational IT Audits and cybersecruity – no checklist auditing here
- High level of complexity in technologies and processes to keep you stimulated and learning
- Strong people management/mentoring component
- Company has a strong commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) and D&I (Diversity and Inclusion)
- Great work/life balance; moderate travel (Likely less than 10%)
- Beautiful campus with great amenities
- Mooresville NC highly rated for livability and low COL (option to work 50% of time out of Charlotte tech hub)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT Audit and/or related (IT Risk, cybersecurity, etc.)
- CISA, CIA, CPA CISM, CISSP, or other relevant certification, highly preferred
- Strong grounding in IT Audit/Security concepts, practices, and relevant frameworks, including ability to develop/scope ambiguous and non-recurring risk-based audits
- A minimum of one year of heavy supervisory (people management) experience, including the ability to lead Audits end-to-end as well as ability to oversee multiple concurrent audits – excellent organizational and time management skills
- Heavy experience risk-based IT Operational Audits (not soley compliance or check-listy audits), highly preferred
- Retail, manufacturing, Distribution, or other supply-chain-oriented business experience, a plus
- Experience in leveraging data analytics for more effective auditing, a plus
- Big 4 or Public Accounting background a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to seek understand root cause and larger trends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to flex communication style to suit audience
- History of collaboration – strong team player
- Ability to travel 10-20% (likely less than 10%)